• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying DVD from DVD folder

snclarke

Question

I have recently upgraded from Roxio 7.5 suite to the new Roxio 8 EMC. In the Roxio 7.5 suite, when I was copying a DVD from a DVD folder, I was able to select the Main Movie only if the Main movie plus extras were more than 4.7 GB and would result in a loss of quality due to compression. I have tried to figure out hout to do that in Roxio 8 EMC, but with no success. Can anyone help me, am I just missing something ? Thanks

8 answers to this question

Look at what is highlighted in the picture attached to my first post. It works for me.

Bruce, I get the same results as your screen shot, but I cannot highlight an individual movie. I have to burn all the contents. If I switch to Video Compilation, I can then highlight an individual movie (extra) and burn just that. Can you highlight and burn a single movie in the Cd & DVD Copy mode?

Bruce, I get the same results as your screen shot, but I cannot highlight an individual movie. I have to burn all the contents. If I switch to Video Compilation, I can then highlight an individual movie (extra) and burn just that. Can you highlight and burn a single movie in the Cd & DVD Copy mode?

Not today, I can't. I could have sworn that I played with it before and selected an individual title. I must have been in Video Compilation. I really hate senior moments. :)

Not today, I can't. I could have sworn that I played with it before and selected an individual title. I must have been in Video Compilation. I really hate senior moments. :)

Since I haven't had the need to used Disc Copier in that fashion, I thought maybe mine was hosed-up. I know all to well about those senior moments. :huh:

Are you using Disc Copier to burn to the DVD? You should be able to choose what you want, when you browse to that video folder. See attachment.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Sorry, I made a mistake in what I was trying to say. When I am copying a DVD movie to Video Folder, Roxio 7.5 lets you know the original DVD size and if it's bigger than 4.7Gb, it tells you the quality compared to the original, depending on whether you choose to copy only the Main Movie or Main Movie + All extras. You also had the option of choosing only the main language, if it had other language tracks.

In Roxio 8 EMC, when you want to copy a DVD movie to Video Folder, you only seem to get the language option and I can't see any option to possibly copy only the Main Movie.

I have recently upgraded from Roxio 7.5 suite to the new Roxio 8 EMC. In the Roxio 7.5 suite, when I was copying a DVD from a DVD folder, I was able to select the Main Movie only if the Main movie plus extras were more than 4.7 GB and would result in a loss of quality due to compression. I have tried to figure out hout to do that in Roxio 8 EMC, but with no success. Can anyone help me, am I just missing something ? Thanks

Are you using Disc Copier to burn to the DVD? You should be able to choose what you want, when you browse to that video folder. See attachment.

post-81-1145898917.jpg

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Sorry, I made a mistake in what I was trying to say. When I am copying a DVD movie to Video Folder, Roxio 7.5 lets you know the original DVD size and if it's bigger than 4.7Gb, it tells you the quality compared to the original, depending on whether you choose to copy only the Main Movie or Main Movie + All extras. You also had the option of choosing only the main language, if it had other language tracks.

In Roxio 8 EMC, when you want to copy a DVD movie to Video Folder, you only seem to get the language option and I can't see any option to possibly copy only the Main Movie.

In my experience, the "CD & DVD Copy" mode does not allow you to choose the video(s) to include. The "Video Compilation" mode does.

I hope somebody can confirm this.

Archived