• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 11 Stopped Working, On Add Photo/video

CraigV

Question

"Digital Media Made Easy" :lol:

I see a number of Customers with videowave issues. Same here. After 4 days of reinstalling and clean installing (to the letter) this software, I am at wits end. The 100 bucks is nothing compared to the frustration and wasted time.

I have a Dell Inspirion E1405 core2duo running Vista HomePremium. Creator 2009 (with the upgrade)

I believe the problem (so far) is in the captured video from my home DVDs. I can run Video Wave and add a video (.mpg) as long as it is the samples that came with the laptop but when I go to add a video (.mpg) from a captured directory the program crashes. I have used the "Add Photo/Video" button but when the directory that includes my video is displayed, VideoWave 11 stops. When I use the "show media selector", the same VideoWave 11 has stopped working message appears after trying to render the home video icon.

Done the clean install, changed rendering, disabled acceleration, and basically fiddle-farted around with this program for days. Just wanted to make some videos not become a computer repair center. Along with others, I wish I visited this site to see what I was gettin into.

11 answers to this question

Unfortunately I am among those customers with problems getting VW to load videos that I have captured with C 2009. When attempting to edit video using, "Edit Video-Advanced" the program hangs after I select the location where I have imported the video file (temp folder) the program hangs. I purchased a new HP Pavillion with the following specics in January of 08:I am running Windows Vista with SP1 on a HP Pavillion with 3G of RAM and a 2.2 GHz Intel Pentium.

At the time I owned EMC 9 and loaded it on to my new computer and had the same problem. After months of back and forth trying to get it to work I gave up and purchased C 2009, based on my previous experience with EMC 9 and the excellent videos and photos I was able to create. I have SP2 installed for Creator 2009.

Much to my chargrin this purchase did not solve the problem.

With my most recent contact with Roxio it was suggested that I save the video to my desktop. I have done that and it works. However, when I initial load the video from the desktop I get a message window stating, "Current production is empty or contains invalid files." I close the window and I am able to edit the video, but the process seems to not run as smoothly as my old EMC 9 worked. I find I have to switch back and forth between timeline and storybook to edit the video. I did not have to do this in the past with EMC 9.

I also am editing hour long TV programs, which I have done in the past.

Well that is my experience with C 2009. I hope it gives someone some insight into their problem. In the mean time I will review and check my drivers for the latest update, but I don't think that is the problem.

A week after I purchased Digital Media Made Impossible, I think I am on my way to accomplishing my goal of creating a very brief DVD. Though it really wasn’t worth the pain and I intend to save the majority of our family memories in my head. Here is a recap so that others MAY be able to avoid a few of the frustrations inherent in this software:

1. Most importantly – Many thanks go out to mygyggi who stuck in there battling with my inexperience and the numerous unknowns of my system.

2. The process I am left with is as follows: Copy the files from the DVD directly to my local hard drive, open VideoWave, begin a new project, add the video from the .VOB file, Export the video to an .mpg file, start a new project, add the mpg file, edit, save.

3. Here are the things that caused problems: Importing (capturing) from the DVD and trying to add the imported file to VW. Trying to edit the VW clip that came directly from the .VOB file.

4. I’ll never know whether changing setting or clean installing solved any issues but it didn’t appear to hurt.

5. I agree with Funk500 my system is probably the source of many of my frustrations however far above the requirements listed on the package.

6. An error other than it “stopped working” may be helpful. The current error is not. If it is added to C2010 I doubt I’ll ever see it. (good luck coljohn).

"Digital Media Made Easy" :lol:

I see a number of Customers with videowave issues. Same here. After 4 days of reinstalling and clean installing (to the letter) this software, I am at wits end. The 100 bucks is nothing compared to the frustration and wasted time.

I have a Dell Inspirion E1405 core2duo running Vista HomePremium. Creator 2009 (with the upgrade)

I believe the problem (so far) is in the captured video from my home DVDs. I can run Video Wave and add a video (.mpg) as long as it is the samples that came with the laptop but when I go to add a video (.mpg) from a captured directory the program crashes. I have used the "Add Photo/Video" button but when the directory that includes my video is displayed, VideoWave 11 stops. When I use the "show media selector", the same VideoWave 11 has stopped working message appears after trying to render the home video icon.

Done the clean install, changed rendering, disabled acceleration, and basically fiddle-farted around with this program for days. Just wanted to make some videos not become a computer repair center. Along with others, I wish I visited this site to see what I was gettin into.

How did you get the video from your DVD to your hard drive?

With C2009 there is no need to capture from DVD. You simply copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, launch Videowave, select Add Photo/Video and point to the 1st vob files in the Video_TS folder. VW will then prompt you to select the movie you want to use.

Did you version of C2009 come with your PC or is it the full retail version?

What are your system specs, especially video card?

Did you copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive using Windows Explorer and use the vob file from that hard drive folder? I am not talking about capturing since that is not necessary when using DVDs.

Yes, that's how I did it. Is there a better way?

As always, thanks.

How did you get the video from your DVD to your hard drive?

With C2009 there is no need to capture from DVD. You simply copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, launch Videowave, select Add Photo/Video and point to the 1st vob files in the Video_TS folder. VW will then prompt you to select the movie you want to use.

Did you version of C2009 come with your PC or is it the full retail version?

What are your system specs, especially video card?

I initially did a capture then tried pointing directly at the .vob file which workes much better. Now that the file is in videowave, I can play it but trying to clip or seperate the file results in the now too familiar "Videowave 11 has stopped working" message.

C2009 is full retail.

My video card is (to the best of my ability to discern): MobileIntel 945GM Express Chipset Family.

Thank you for the time.

Yes, that's how I did it. Is there a better way?

As always, thanks.

Not that I know of. That is the way I do it if need video from a DVD.

You say you can add the vob in VW without any problems and the problem only appears when your try to trim or split. That does seem to indicate a video card related problem.

What happens if you add the vob file and then using Output As, output the video to a mpeg2 DVD quality file? You can then load that mpg file into VW and try the trims and splits.

Did you got to the Intel website to check for the latest drivers for your video chipset? Control Panel I don't think is very reliable in determining the latest drivers status.

I initially did a capture then tried pointing directly at the .vob file which workes much better. Now that the file is in videowave, I can play it but trying to clip or seperate the file results in the now too familiar "Videowave 11 has stopped working" message.

C2009 is full retail.

My video card is (to the best of my ability to discern): MobileIntel 945GM Express Chipset Family.

Thank you for the time.

That video chipset is on-board and there have been many problems reported with. Have you updated the video drivers and are you running the latest DirectX 9c?

How long in time is the movie you are trying to add?

Do a search on this board for 945GM and you will get some posts, perhaps there might be a solution for you there?

You have tried setting the render to the software option using Tools/Option in Videowave?

That video chipset is on-board and there have been many problems reported with. Have you updated the video drivers and are you running the latest DirectX 9c?

How long in time is the movie you are trying to add?

Again, thank you for the time (I hope roxio is paying you well).

Re: the chipset - doesn't seem to cause problems with other programs. I have, through control panel, tried to update the drivers and got the message back that the most current drivers are already installed.

I am running DirectX 10 (the DirectX features show that acceleration is enabled for Draw, 3D, and AGP).

The Production Length of the movie that I loaded to VideoWave is 00:24:35.14

I can output that file to "MPEG-2 for DVD,smallest file size" but haven't tried any others settings. It is just one movie added and unedited in this project.

Again, thank you for the time (I hope roxio is paying you well).

Re: the chipset - doesn't seem to cause problems with other programs. I have, through control panel, tried to update the drivers and got the message back that the most current drivers are already installed.

I am running DirectX 10 (the DirectX features show that acceleration is enabled for Draw, 3D, and AGP).

The Production Length of the movie that I loaded to VideoWave is 00:24:35.14

I can output that file to "MPEG-2 for DVD,smallest file size" but haven't tried any others settings. It is just one movie added and unedited in this project.

I thought VW crashes when you try to load?

Can you explain step-by-step what you are doing? I am somewhat confused by your posts (doesn't take much).

BTW, none of us here work for Roxio (unless the poster has the Roxio symbol beside their username), we are users just like you trying to help each other

I thought VW crashes when you try to load?

Can you explain step-by-step what you are doing? I am somewhat confused by your posts (doesn't take much).

BTW, none of us here work for Roxio (unless the poster has the Roxio symbol beside their username), we are users just like you trying to help each other

I have always been able to load an empty VW. I can add a couple of canned videos. When I attempt to add a video to VW that was imported/captured from a dvd, then I get the error. If I go directly to the .vob file (without importing) I can successfully (horay) add one file to VW. If I try to trim or split that one video I get the VW11 has stopped working.

So now the steps are;

Open VW, Edit existing production, try something, watch the error message, start over. Note; in the timeline I can add FX and Ovelay, but I can not select a small piece of the video without getting the error. If I click on the video in the time line I get the same error.

I have always been able to load an empty VW. I can add a couple of canned videos. When I attempt to add a video to VW that was imported/captured from a dvd, then I get the error. If I go directly to the .vob file (without importing) I can successfully (horay) add one file to VW. If I try to trim or split that one video I get the VW11 has stopped working.

So now the steps are;

Open VW, Edit existing production, try something, watch the error message, start over. Note; in the timeline I can add FX and Ovelay, but I can not select a small piece of the video without getting the error. If I click on the video in the time line I get the same error.

Did you copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive using Windows Explorer and use the vob file from that hard drive folder? I am not talking about capturing since that is not necessary when using DVDs.

Archived