• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Don't Work

ssaustin

Question

Ok this weekend I fought with my Roxio 2009 S.E all weekend :angry: -I followed Jim_Hardin's clean install instructions to the "T". (Including "clean" uninstalling a previous loaded Roxio DVD product that came with my system.) The product "appears" to have loaded BUT when its gone through the loading process & I get the opening menu-if I click on ANYTHING it immediately goes to (not responding) EVERYTIME. I'm assuming I must not have enough RAM? Though according to the product I have more RAM than required. What am I missing?

Here's my system (VISTA) Home Premium (sorry for hijacking this post-didn't see this was originally an XP system poster-didn't really know where to put my "problem"

Dell Dimension E521

Processor AMD 64 X 2 Dual core 3600+ 1.9 GHz

RAM 1GB

System 32-bit

250 GB HD

Nvidia GE inforce 6150

Chris

10 answers to this question

Wireless mouse drivers have proven a problem in CineMagic…

But let's be practical!

If you have faithfully followed the Clean Install twice, upgraded your Video Drivers and it won't work there is something seriously wrong.

Your best bet is to call Roxio and talk directly rather than hang out here hoping for some magic fix it check box…

YAY!

ok-it seems to be working-here's what I did & didn't do after my last post-I DID NOT re (clean install). I checked if Roxio worked after placing a "tailed" mouse-nope (re-started computer). I MSCONFIG start up (disabled all) & services (disabled all except Roxio -anything from Sonic solutions). Restarted computer-Roxio came up (looked like a "safe mode computer" BUT I was able to go to different options (edit videos, photos) BUT I didn't do anything-would not work b/c sound was disabled- BUT it showed me it was installed properly (up to this point anyway).

I went back and MSCONFIG Start up checked 'hide all microsoft" & enabled NVidia components. Restarted computer, it hung on shut down so I unplugged our "Magic Jack"-it immediately shutdown (without pressing "off") hmmm was maybe THAT my problem???!! (I still don't know).

Pulled up Roxio again-still seems ok (again as in NOT FREEZING). So I went back AGAIN MSCONFIG & startup enabled all except microsoft intelipoint & adobe photoshop. I think I enabled all services again. restart fine Pulled up Roxio & went into edit video, photos (though I've not done anything-as actual editing- nothing is freezing & I've tootled around in the different aspects & its RUNNING!!!

When I'm feeling brave I may actually narrow down exactly WHAT was interfering with it, but after a week of crashing & burning with restarts-I'm going to turn my attention to something less stressful as in my taxes! :rolleyes:

I think the real breakthrough was probably updating my Nvidia driver more than anything else. But I'm not sure what the problem was afterwards. But thanks for all the help/support-I think I'll take my ad off craigslist for my Roxio LOL

Do a Google, and you will probably dump it.

(I was only joking about the issue not being 'well known'-there's LOTS of 'known' stuff I'm sure I'm uninformed of). Magic Jack isn't all that bad-it is what it is-cheap L.D phone service & it works-I use mine just for long distance call outs & faxing. If I just need to keep it unplugged when I don't use it-no prob.

Anyway I did want to thank all for my Roxio help-hopefully I won't need it anymore ((wish)) ((wish))

Chris

You can always start your own thread in a forum. That way any responses will be aimed are your particular issue.

The nVidia Geforce 6150 chipset is built onto the mobo. Makes sure you have the latest drivers from nVidia for Vista.

Before I read your post I thought-what the hey, maybe there are some updates I need-well I saw that I DID need the NVidia update -after updating it-the Roxio program pulled up-went beyond the main menu THEN I got a error with (Video Wave 11)-it suggested reinstalling-UGH, I went through the whole "CLEAN INSTALL" process again and now I'm back to square one-exact same problem as I first started out with. I have also gone back & in "msconfig" stopped all other start up & services just to see if it changed-nope.

Split off now. No idea why you think RAM is a problem???

Follow Gary's suggestion. Also, can you start any program through the Start Menu?

post-39730-1231966486.jpg

If so, click on Help and Check for Updates. Apply SP2 for Creator 2009.

I was just reaching for "something" by suggesting RAM-b/c of the "hanging" of the program. (I probably just know enough about my computer to be dangerous). I did apply SP2. I can NOT start any part of the Roxio program through the start menu it freezes on the small orange start-its frozen now as I type. :angry:

I'd gotten SO excited when I thought the nVidia update cured it. On a sidenote, my "right click" on my mouse is not working now-I've no clue if its related or just another thing that is "just happening" right now.

But let's be practical!

If you have faithfully followed the Clean Install twice, upgraded your Video Drivers and it won't work there is something seriously wrong.

Your best bet is to call Roxio and talk directly rather than hang out here hoping for some magic fix it check box…

But let's be practical!

When I get home tonight, I'll go find our old "tailed" mouse. I have actually contacted Roxio with the exact first post-they responded with a very similar "msconfig" post-I e-mailed them that didn't fix it & I haven't heard back from them.

I'm hoping its the "wireless" mouse thing right now-that will at least take ONE thing out of the can of worms I've opened.

Thank you both for your help :) . I'll let you know how it plays out.

Chris

Archived