• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Cd Key After Sucessful Uninstall

lmarrujo

Question

I started having trouble with Roxio EMC9 just a few days ago that the program was not responding at all when attempting to use it. After so many attempts, I uninstalled it (clean uninstall) & removed any registry files associated with Roxio & Sonic. I had attempted to installed it & was asking me to insert the installer cd when the cd was already in the cd/dvd rom. I stopped it to go find all the software & manual associated with the purchase. I then came back with again only 2 cds that came in the original packaging & attempted to installed only to find out that it would not recognize the cd key or telling me to add the correct one. I found links in this forum for the quick hot fix, however they are outdated or the link is broken. Either way, I submitted a ticket but were unable to help me as stated that the program is too old. I disagree as I bought it 1 year and 2 months. One quick link or hot fix should do the trick instead of spending $89-100. If I am not getting any support from their tech support for a simple fix, what is going to happen if I continue investing more money on new software, will I keep getting the same service I got on an e-mail? Any help will greatly be appreciated.

P.S. I also have a back up cd but it is useless because of the cd key error.

8 answers to this question

I thought I was dead in the water until I found this thread! The little app did the trick for me ~ couldn't understand why a CD Key that worked when I originally installed the software was suddenly no good! I was just about to go out and buy a new program that I really don't need. Thanks!

I thought I was dead in the water until I found this thread! The little app did the trick for me ~ couldn't understand why a CD Key that worked when I originally installed the software was suddenly no good! I was just about to go out and buy a new program that I really don't need. Thanks!

I am glad it helped you.

I started having trouble with Roxio EMC9 just a few days ago that the program was not responding at all when attempting to use it. After so many attempts, I uninstalled it (clean uninstall) & removed any registry files associated with Roxio & Sonic. I had attempted to installed it & was asking me to insert the installer cd when the cd was already in the cd/dvd rom. I stopped it to go find all the software & manual associated with the purchase. I then came back with again only 2 cds that came in the original packaging & attempted to installed only to find out that it would not recognize the cd key or telling me to add the correct one. I found links in this forum for the quick hot fix, however they are outdated or the link is broken. Either way, I submitted a ticket but were unable to help me as stated that the program is too old. I disagree as I bought it 1 year and 2 months. One quick link or hot fix should do the trick instead of spending $89-100. If I am not getting any support from their tech support for a simple fix, what is going to happen if I continue investing more money on new software, will I keep getting the same service I got on an e-mail? Any help will greatly be appreciated.

P.S. I also have a back up cd but it is useless because of the cd key error.

Have you tried this site http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...S?set-locale=en

Archived