DVD MP3 disc...Is there an advantage?

cgc1331

Question

8 answers to this question

The only way that you will get MP3's to a DVD, in version 7 or 7.5, is to make a data DVD. In version 8, you do the music DVD, though.

Thanks to all for the input. I am no master at creating these projects but I have created a few MP3 DVD's with my EMC V7 which I play on my home sound system. I have the options of choosing either a Data or MP3 project then I select the media I am using which includes both single and dual layered DVD's in teh drop-down. The program has never rejected my choice in either case. I was just concerned if one produced a better quality product and/or if one required more space on the disc.

Thanks to all for the input. I am no master at creating these projects but I have created a few MP3 DVD's with my EMC V7 which I play on my home sound system. I have the options of choosing either a Data or MP3 project then I select the media I am using which includes both single and dual layered DVD's in teh drop-down. The program has never rejected my choice in either case. I was just concerned if one produced a better quality product and/or if one required more space on the disc.

The quality of the finished audio will be identical to the .MP3 files you're putting onto it. Low bit-rate, highly compressed MP3 files won't sound any different being played back from a HD, a CD, or a DVD disc. The same for high bit-rate .MP3 files. A standard Audio CD (where nothing has gone through the MP3 compression) should sound better than any MP3 disc (if you listen closely), and a DVD-Audio disc at 24 bits, 96KHz sampling, could (if you have "golden ears") sound even better than the Audio CD.

Keep in mind that the only difference between an MP3 disc (CD or DVD) and a Data disc full of MP3 files, is the playlist (.M3U) file. If you have an MP3 device that doesn't recognize a playlist file, it won't know any difference between the two. They're both Data discs.

Hope that helps!

I think the major difference is that if you make an mp3 disc it creates a playlist.This makes it so that mp3 enabled players see the disc.They look for the playlist.A data disc doesn't create this playlist,they're just a collection of files.

I think the major difference is that if you make an mp3 disc it creates a playlist.This makes it so that mp3 enabled players see the disc.They look for the playlist.A data disc doesn't create this playlist,they're just a collection of files.

Altho you can create an m3u list with notepad.

Lynn

Then basically you've just turned a data disc into an mp3 disc so why not just make it that way in the first place?

If your program does not make mp3 discs (or if it only makes mp3 CDs and you want an mp3 DVD), it is possible to work around it.

Lynn

Just curious. Making a DVD MP3 disc. Is there an advantage to selecting either a DATA disc project vrs. a MP3 disc project when creating a collection on DVD?

The only way that you will get MP3's to a DVD, in version 7 or 7.5, is to make a data DVD. In version 8, you do the music DVD, though.

Archived