• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd

Cavaldoro

Quick new user question (sorry if it's in the wrong place, couldn't see a specific forum) I'm trying to convert a 750MB MP4 file to a DVD using MyDVD. It's been going for a good 4 hours now. Is this normal?

It's in Long Play format if that makes a difference and I'm working on a reasonably quick PC. It got through the rest of the tasks in around an hour, but it's been working away at "transcoding audio" for around three hours and the green bar.

Thanks

MP4's are highly compressed so in order to make into a dvd, it has to be made dvd compliant and is being rendered and that takes time. Rather than file size, time is one important factor. How long is the video?

However, on a decent machine, 4 hours should be more than enough as a guestimate.

MP4's are highly compressed so in order to make into a dvd, it has to be made dvd compliant and is being rendered and that takes time. Rather than file size, time is one important factor. How long is the video?

However, on a decent machine, 4 hours should be more than enough as a guestimate.

Thanks Beerman, it's about 90 mins so quite long. I'll leave it on and see where it gets in an hour or so.

Archived