• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Code When Burning Dvd

lcdrdan

Question

I have EMC 7 and just recently completed a short slide show with music. It works great the the preview mode. But when I try to make a DVD, I'm transferred wo DVD Builder (that's good!) and DVD Builder goes through it's complete process and then I get the error message: "Pvera;; statis" Errpr" emcpdomg tot;e 1 pf 1 )Transcoding phase) Error Code = 0x80004005116" "urrent Operation: Finished with errors"

I've tried several time with the same results. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Thanks,

lcdrdan

6 answers to this question

Hi:

I am replying to my own post. I did a little more research and found that someone in this forum and "similar problems" and had said that "mp3 music" may be the problem. I'm not sure what that meant since I use mp3 music all the time in my videos and slide shows. But I did change all the music in my slide show and replaced it with other mp3 music. I can't explain why.....but now it works. Maybe one of the mp3 songs was corrupted in some way.

BTW ....I also used this same (possibly corrupted) mp3 music in Vegas Movie Studio....without any problems.

Anybody have any similar experiences with corrupted mp3 music on their videos?????

I don't know if this makes sense...but I hope this may help someone with similar problems.

As we say in the Electrical business when a problem can't be explained...blame it on "MES"....(Mysterious Electrical STUFF")

lcdrdan :rolleyes:

lcdrdan

The only thing I can think of is Roxio didn't like the format of the mp3.

It could be the bit rate.Is it the same as others you've used?

I know it doesn't like 4 bit files from some personal recorders.

I'm afraid that I'm not knowledgeable about "bit rates"....but I'd like to be. Can you tell me how to determine (or set) bit rates of MP3 music. If you can help me determine, maybe I can do more research and determine what actually caused this error. Thanks for your help.

lcdrdan

I'm afraid that I'm not knowledgeable about "bit rates"....but I'd like to be. Can you tell me how to determine (or set) bit rates of MP3 music. If you can help me determine, maybe I can do more research and determine what actually caused this error. Thanks for your help.

lcdrdan

Here is some information on MP3 formats and bitrates....in case anyone might be interested.

lcdrdan

Here is some information on MP3 formats and bitrates....in case anyone might be interested.

lcdrdan

oops.....I forgot to send the link. Here it is: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/mp35.htm

lcdrdan

oops.....I forgot to send the link. Here it is: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/mp35.htm

On XP, right click on the mp3 file, select properties. summary, click on the Advanced tab and scroll down. I see the information on the mp3 file.

Or if you have VLC free player, you can add that mp3 file to it and then select tools, codec information. You'll see the information there.

On XP, right click on the mp3 file, select properties. summary, click on the Advanced tab and scroll down. I see the information on the mp3 file.

Or if you have VLC free player, you can add that mp3 file to it and then select tools, codec information. You'll see the information there.

Thanks for the information. I checked the 5 songs that I had used in my original video (slide show) and two of them had a bitrate of 96 kbits. However, three of them had NO CODEC INFORMATION at all. Do you think this was my problem? (These three play well on my computer and also played well in the video that I made using Vegas Movie Studio. Thanks a lot for educating me. I have a friend that is also interested in these little problems that keep popping up.

lcdrdan

Archived