• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
akj850

Toast Media Player Freezes

Question

I just got Toast 10 to burn my AVCHD footage from a new Canon Vixia HF10 camera to DVDs for playing in a blu ray player. The first couple of clips were recorded in standard quality and play fine in the Toast media player, but after that I used the highest quality, and these do not play properly. The first second or so plays and then the frame freezes and I just hear sound. I am using a Mac Pro running Leopard. I tried copying the file to the hard drive, and even from a burned blu ray format DVD and no dice.

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

I just got Toast 10 to burn my AVCHD footage from a new Canon Vixia HF10 camera to DVDs for playing in a blu ray player. The first couple of clips were recorded in standard quality and play fine in the Toast media player, but after that I used the highest quality, and these do not play properly. The first second or so plays and then the frame freezes and I just hear sound. I am using a Mac Pro running Leopard. I tried copying the file to the hard drive, and even from a burned blu ray format DVD and no dice.

Any suggestions?

From what you describe it sounds as if the system is having trouble keeping up during playback, but that is unlikely being a Mac Pro system making the assumption there is plenty of free memory and hard disk space.

>> but after that I used the highest quality, and these do not play properly.

Please check your e-mail when you have a chance. :)

From what you describe it sounds as if the system is having trouble keeping up during playback, but that is unlikely being a Mac Pro system making the assumption there is plenty of free memory and hard disk space.

>> but after that I used the highest quality, and these do not play properly.

Please check your e-mail when you have a chance. :)

Hi Patatrox,

I am having the same problem as described above. Using Toast 10 and a MacBook Pro (fall2008 edition) and AVCHD files from my Sony HDR-SR1 camera. Are there any news about this issues?

Thanks and greets

Sy2002