• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Flyfishing 48

Blu-ray Bit Rate ?

Question

Should the bite rate for Blu-ray, (avchd) on a regular DVD be any different than when encoding SD DVD's ?

Also what about the audio rates?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tom

4 answers to this question

Should the bite rate for Blu-ray, (avchd) on a regular DVD be any different than when encoding SD DVD's ?

Also what about the audio rates?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tom

If you use the "Automatic" setting in Toast 9, Toast will automatically adjust the bitrate for you. If you want to set it by hand, I normally use the average bitrate of 15 Mbps with a max of 17 Mbps. Since the audio is only 2 channel, 192 will work fine.

The key thing is that the combined bitrate cannot exceed 18 Mbps when burning AVCHD on DVD discs. Hence when I set 17 as the max.

If you use the "Automatic" setting in Toast 9, Toast will automatically adjust the bitrate for you. If you want to set it by hand, I normally use the average bitrate of 15 Mbps with a max of 17 Mbps. Since the audio is only 2 channel, 192 will work fine.

The key thing is that the combined bitrate cannot exceed 18 Mbps when burning AVCHD on DVD discs. Hence when I set 17 as the max.

Thanks for the info. I must be miss understanding this bit rate stuff. I was under the impression that the lower the bit rate the better the quality, we increase the bit rate to get more on the DVD. Is that right or do I have it 180 off, because as I turn the bit rate up the size of the movie file goes up? ;)

Thanks for the info. I must be miss understanding this bit rate stuff. I was under the impression that the lower the bit rate the better the quality, we increase the bit rate to get more on the DVD. Is that right or do I have it 180 off, because as I turn the bit rate up the size of the movie file goes up? ;)

Yes, you have things mixed up. The lower the bit rate the lower the quality, because more video is being squeezed into the same amount of space.

Yes, you have things mixed up. The lower the bit rate the lower the quality, because more video is being squeezed into the same amount of space.

Thanks for keeping me straight. I went to your tutorial site. Very good information. :)