• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd >> Blue Box

Don Beach

Question

4 answers to this question

Don: You have the advantage over us because we haven't seen the VHS to DVD software and don't really know what all is in that blue box nor if it has been modified…

Guessing you might have MyDVD or MyDVD Express. You can set either to SP which will allow 2 hours.

But as gpb pointed out, a 4.7Gb DVD holds 1 hour at best quality. To get 2 hours on there, you sacrifice quality. When you are using a VHS as a source you are already starting out with reduced quality…

Suggest you get a couple DVD RW's so you can experiment with different settings and see what suites you before committing to a DVD R

(RW's are reusable but they do wear out and become unusable over time)

Don: You have the advantage over us because we haven't seen the VHS to DVD software and don't really know what all is in that blue box nor if it has been modified…

Guessing you might have MyDVD or MyDVD Express. You can set either to SP which will allow 2 hours.

But as gpb pointed out, a 4.7Gb DVD holds 1 hour at best quality. To get 2 hours on there, you sacrifice quality. When you are using a VHS as a source you are already starting out with reduced quality…

Suggest you get a couple DVD RW's so you can experiment with different settings and see what suites you before committing to a DVD R

(RW's are reusable but they do wear out and become unusable over time)

Thanks Jim >>The VHS To DVD is one of the esiest soft ware I hve ever used but was surprised that i could not copy a full VHS on it.>>Not much good if that is the case.

I have been trying to get to talk to tech but seems after you puchase they just leave you to hang out to dry. Could not get any live people on the various phone no's they give out. .Guess I will try the RW as you sugest. Thanks > Don Beach >>>.<removed to avoid spam>

Thanks Jim >>The VHS To DVD is one of the esiest soft ware I hve ever used but was surprised that i could not copy a full VHS on it.>>Not much good if that is the case.

I have been trying to get to talk to tech but seems after you puchase they just leave you to hang out to dry. Could not get any live people on the various phone no's they give out. .Guess I will try the RW as you sugest. Thanks > Don Beach >>>.<removed to avoid spam>

The fact that you can't copy a "full VHS" tape to a DVD is not Roxio's fault but is the industry standard. 1 hour of video on a DVD when you select best quality. I don't see it as a problem that you can't copy the full VHS to a DVD - I prefer to spread it over several DVDs rather then lose quality :rolleyes:

I just purchased VHS TO DVD . I had a VHS I wanted to copy ,It contained A little more than two Hrs. I had to use 3 DVD disc to copy it >> Can some one tell me why One DvD disk would not do the job .

Because a standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 1 hour of video, at best quality. A DL disc will hold slightly less than 2 hours, at best quality.

Archived