• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another Page Of Dvd Menus?

Jazzshow

Question

I know Toast's DVD authoring capabilities are quite limited, but shouldn't there be a way to have a second page of menus when you have more than 6 titles?

IIRC, the printed manual implied that it should automatically added, but I've never had it happen. All the titles burn ok, but I can only access the first six from the menu.

8 answers to this question

Well that's what I would expect to get, yes. Well I tried a different menu theme and that seems to fix it. There must be a bug in the "Alloy" theme.

Now if I could just get it to burn all my eyetv files without the occasional error -39

I know that error can pop up at times. Are you using the Toast link in EyeTV to send the video to Toast or are you using the EyeTV button in the Toast Media Browser to add the EyeTV videos. A workaround that seems to always work is to Export the video from EyeTV as separate streams and then drag the exported .m2v file to Toast. I'm presuming you're using the latest version of EyeTV 3 software and Toast 9.0.4.

tsantee, can I ask: how are you making high-quality screen grabs of your finished menus (showing your own thumbnails and chapter titles)? Thanks!

I first save my Toast project as a disc image and mount the disc image. Next I open DVD Player (which by default opens automatically but I changed that default long ago). I have DVD Player set to Actual Size in the View menu so it takes up only about one-fourth of the screen. Now I just use the Mac OS screen capture command of Command+Shift+4 and drag the cursor across the part I want to capture. When I lift the mouse button the image is saved to the desktop.

I was probably using the "toast" button in in eyetv. I think it actually only happened with one video and exporting it to MPEG program stream did work. I think there might have been a slight glitch in the recording at about the point it caused the error. Oddly updating the eyetv software broke recording for me, so it's just a touch out of date.

A video DVD can have up to 99 titles on a disc so Toast can keep adding menu pages until there are 99 thumbnails (that would be 17 pages at 6 per page). You also can tell Toast to put fewer than 6 thumbnails per page.

This is done automatically. The button at the bottom right of the menu advances to the next page and the button at the lower left of page 2 or later returns to the previous menu page.

That's how I thought it should work, but I doesn't happen for me. Sometimes I get an arrow on the bottom left in the menu preview thinggy which doesn't appear in the image or burned disc, but never one on the bottom right. I've tried 9.0.4 on two different computers with the same result.

Imac 24" 10.5.5

MPB 15" 10.5.5

That's how I thought it should work, but I doesn't happen for me. Sometimes I get an arrow on the bottom left in the menu preview thinggy which doesn't appear in the image or burned disc, but never one on the bottom right. I've tried 9.0.4 on two different computers with the same result.

Imac 24" 10.5.5

MPB 15" 10.5.5

Here's how it looks when I do this:

post-120-1232174459.png

post-120-1232174468.png

A video DVD can have up to 99 titles on a disc so Toast can keep adding menu pages until there are 99 thumbnails (that would be 17 pages at 6 per page). You also can tell Toast to put fewer than 6 thumbnails per page.

This is done automatically. The button at the bottom right of the menu advances to the next page and the button at the lower left of page 2 or later returns to the previous menu page.

Archived