• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Freezing At Different % W/video Copy & Convert.

jjtd

Question

Using Verbatim DVD-R Disc. I also have been trying a few Maxells in the mix. Disc freezing at different % W/Copy & Convert. Then I basically have to end the program with Task Manager and then do a Clean Install to get Creator to even open and function again.

Trying everything I can think of to get Disc to burn From ISO file to DVD-R with Copy & Convert.

I have checked and double checked all of my Drivers & Firmware and it's all up to date.

Before reinstalling again in my clean install process I have been doing a lot of maintenance on my PC. Getting rid of old programs, files etc., Defragging, and did a little Registry cleaning (with McAfee) as well. I'm hesitant to use any of the Free Registry Cleaning programs out there but if anyone knows of a reputable free one that would be great. I also managed to totally, completely disable McAfee. Anyone else have conflicts at all with McAfee on their computer even though it's installed but not running? McAfee has been a non issue for me in previous versions of Creator back to 7 (my first) but I will uninstall it if all else fails. I don't have any third party services TSRs running. I know once I reinstall Creator I need to keep IT'S services running. Not sure exactly what Microsoft services I can turn off and what I absolutely need to keep on. If anyone can help me there that would be great.

I have two Hard Drives on my computer. Do you think I should install Creator 2009 on the drive that doesn't have the OS? Do you think it may help or cause more problems? I also have created a separate User on my Computer and I am going to do the next Install with that user since that was a step in some directions on this site for fixing a Runtime Error R6025 of which I had once or twice last week. I followed all of the steps in the procedure not just that one.

Page file: Opinions on having page file (6144MB) on extra hard drive as opposed to the hard drive that has the OS on it. Windows XP Home gives me a warning about debugging if I try to do this - but it can be done.

Anything else anyone can think of for me to do before my next Install?

I really appreciate all the help I have received in these forums! My apologies for getting frustrated once in a while and venting it here.

Seems I get one issue solved and another pops up.

I just want Creator to work as I DO like the program.

7 answers to this question

OK - on a second drive, my setup here is

Pagefile, temp and tmp on a partition on a second drive; My Documents on another partiition on the second drive

All Apps and OS on the first drive

Reasoning is - a pagefile will work better on its own partition if it's on a second drive - while you're at it, set max and min to the same value (mine is 4092 MB) so that it won't fragment. Keeping the temp files there means they don't get spattered round the main drive.

Putting My Documents in its own partition means that if you ever have to re-format and re-install - they never get touched

Since both my drives are active it looks like I need a partition program as Windows XP won't partition for me?

Have you tried the free program ImgBurn to burn your iso to a DVD

No I haven't. Maybee I'll try that before I reload Creator again.

Thanks

Pagefile, temp and tmp on a partition on a second drive; My Documents on another partiition on the second drive

Reasoning is - a pagefile will work better on its own partition if it's on a second drive - while you're at it, set max and min to the same value (mine is 4092 MB) so that it won't fragment. Keeping the temp files there means they don't get spattered round the main drive.

Putting My Documents in its own partition means that if you ever have to re-format and re-install - they never get touched

Registry Cleaners - McAfee is as bad as Norton for removing the wrong bits ;) Personally I use Ashampoo WinOptimizer and never had any problems (except when it's one button cleanup wipes out cookies and stored passwords for websites :lol:)

Did you try making an image file first - then opening that with the program? Usually just double clicking the image will start up the apopropriate program (that way you actually split the job in two and put less strain on the computyer)

Registry Cleaners - McAfee is as bad as Norton for removing the wrong bits ;) Personally I use Ashampoo WinOptimizer and never had any problems (except when it's one button cleanup wipes out cookies and stored passwords for websites :lol:)

Did you try making an image file first - then opening that with the program? Usually just double clicking the image will start up the apopropriate program (that way you actually split the job in two and put less strain on the computyer)

OK I will try the above suggestions thank you.

I already do the same min/max pagefile and I burn to an ISO first then use Copy & Convert to burn from that to a disc. I should have clarified that I do these. I also open up the programs directly from the Start Programs menu and NOT through the Creator main menu.

OK I will try the above suggestions thank you.

I already do the same min/max pagefile and I burn to an ISO first then use Copy & Convert to burn from that to a disc. I should have clarified that I do these. I also open up the programs directly from the Start Programs menu and NOT through the Creator main menu.

Go to Control Panel, Admin Tools, Disk Management and you can set up (and re-assign drive letters) from there

Tried that. The Disk Management isn't showing any Free space. I believe I read so ewhere that to use the Disc Management in XP to say add partitions etc., it has to be done when the HD is first added to the system or you must reformat the drive. With some third party tools you don't have to and can manage your HD "on the fly" add, delete change the size, etc.

QUOTE (myguggi @ Jan 16 2009, 08:20 PM)

ImgBurn works like a charm burning a DVD-R from a Creator made ISO file. I still can't get Creator Copy & Convert to burn a DVD-R from an ISO file so I'm giving up for now with that part of the program. Just going to use ImgBurn for that part of the process. Thanks myguggi for the ImgBurn idea!

Archived