• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photosuite 7 Platnium

lydell

Question

Anyone with Photosuite 7 unable to burn your project to a DVD?

I get the following message:

"DVD Builder has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: dvdbuilder7.exe AppVer 7.0.454.0

ModName dxtran.dll Modver 7.0.600.16762.

Does anyone knows what the above means?

8 answers to this question

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 on your computer? It 'breaks' portions of version 7.

You have to uninstall IE 7 and if you have WinXP SP3, you have to uninstall that before you uninstall IE7.

If IE 7 is the cause of the problem, shouldn't either Microsoft or Roxio come out with a patch? And if I uninstall IE7 (which I am not sure how to do), would I have to revert back to IE6 ( which I am not sure is available)?

Thanks,

If IE 7 is the cause of the problem, shouldn't either Microsoft or Roxio come out with a patch? And if I uninstall IE7 (which I am not sure how to do), would I have to revert back to IE6 ( which I am not sure is available)?

Thanks,

If you have don't have XP-SP3 installed, then IE 7 will show in the Add/Remove Programs, and uninstalling it will automatically roll back to IE 6.

If you have Windows Media Player 11 (WMP 11) installed, that has to be rolled back too, but it is not a straight forward uninstiall.

IE7 came out, long after EMC 7 and Photosuite 7 were not being sold anymore. You aren't going to see a patch from Roxio. It worked fine, before Microsoft messed it up.

If memory serves me well, in Photosuite 7, you could only burn data to a DVD, not any video slide shows, etc.

No, in the past with Photosuite 7, I was able to burn video slide shows to DVD. I since purchased Photosuite 8, although I am able to burn my work to DVD, version 8 seems to be a light version of 7. Now they have 2009 out and I am very hesitant about purchasing this version.

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 on your computer? It 'breaks' portions of version 7.

You have to uninstall IE 7 and if you have WinXP SP3, you have to uninstall that before you uninstall IE7.

Anyone with Photosuite 7 unable to burn your project to a DVD?

I get the following message:

"DVD Builder has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: dvdbuilder7.exe AppVer 7.0.454.0

ModName dxtran.dll Modver 7.0.600.16762.

Does anyone knows what the above means?

If memory serves me well, in Photosuite 7, you could only burn data to a DVD, not any video slide shows, etc.

No, in the past with Photosuite 7, I was able to burn video slide shows to DVD. I since purchased Photosuite 8, although I am able to burn my work to DVD, version 8 seems to be a light version of 7. Now they have 2009 out and I am very hesitant about purchasing this version.

Ahhh, you have the stand alone Photosuite 7, and that probably did. The Photosuite, included in EMC 7 suite, didn't burn video projects to a DVD.

And ml is correct about IE 7 breaking it.

Archived