• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Similar but not "the same" problem

John bunyan

Question

I have the same problem that in the photo projects , when one points to a calendar for example a messge appears askin for the contents cd to be inserted. I have the installation cd, and have reinstalled using the clean reinstall as reccomended (including labourious regedit). I have checked that the content folder is in the Creator 2009 (sub folder - Photosuite 11) but for some reason it does not want to show in the projects part. Is there a solution other than yet another reinstall?

10 answers to this question

Thanks, Guru. My Installation disc has the foler and file you mention, but they are missing in the C/programme files/Roxio Creator2009 folder. I tried launching from the file on the d/ disc, but the install tried to uninstall emc_content11., not install it. I will try yet another clean reinstall using Roxio's long winded reccomendation. I thsnk you and will report back.

Digital Guru. My Disc is "RoxioCreator 2009" - not Ultimate. I did a clean uninstall / reinstall. The EMC 11 Content part seemed to take ages. When I compared the Folder tree in the disc with the one on the PC, on the Disc, There was a folder in the main menu : EMC_CONTENT11, but not on the PC - My Programmes/Roxio Creator 2009 tree. I copied the folder from the disc to the PC, re-booted, and - voila! it cured the problem. I then noticed that EMC10 was showing in the "Add/ remove Programmes" section of the PC and wonder if this somehow blocked EMC11. I had to use the Windows Install Cleanup Facility, as normal remove did not work. Then all was well. I did a backup. Then ran Eusing Registry cleaner. This found 250 items, and the problem with Roxio returned! I restored the registry and all was well again . I tried CCleaner registry cleaner and this caused no problems. I learned a lot, and thanks for your input!!!

In the end thes fora are more helpful than the official technical support ! Greetings from UK (cold) Hope your new President is a catalyst for an improved future!!

Further to the above I have XP (MCE) . I have searched my Creator 2009 folder in Programe Files and the bought DVD. I can see no trace of the file mentioned by another contributor ie FP19AZSOSQA_EMC Content_7 Lang.exe.

I seem to have the whole "Contents" folder but it does not open in the application - a message asking for the contents cd appears. Also in my Add/ Remove Programmes , Roxio Creator 2009 is shown but not EMC11 Content. I wonder if the original DVD is missing an .exe file that collects the contents folder? I tried burning a cd with the contents folder on it but it did not get picked up when the above prompt appeared. The tech support are very slow to respond, and so far only suggest a clean reinstall, which does not seem to cure this problem. ny help would be much appreciated.

I seem to have the whole "Contents" folder but it does not open in the application - a message asking for the contents cd appears. Also in my Add/ Remove Programmes , Roxio Creator 2009 is shown but not EMC11 Content.
It would appear that the Content did not install. If you have the install DVD, there should be a folder there named EMC_CONTENT11. In that folder should be a file Roxio Content 11.MSI. Double click on that and the content will install.

The other file you mentioned above is the purchased download file. IF you purchased Creator 2009 online from Roxio, then you should have downloaded both files.

Archived