Data Avi Films Disk With Sub?

ijared

Question

Hello,

I have Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7 Build: 2.1.6a which I sometimes put avi data files on and watch on my dvd player. I want to know If I can also put any sub title files on it at the same time and watch it on my tv? I mean putting bot the sub title and avi files and making them all as data files and see the sub titles when watching the film?

Regards

ijared

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I have Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7 Build: 2.1.6a which I sometimes put avi data files on and watch on my dvd player. I want to know If I can also put any sub title files on it at the same time and watch it on my tv? I mean putting bot the sub title and avi files and making them all as data files and see the sub titles when watching the film?

Regards

ijared

I doubt it very much since you are propably talking about DivX avi files which are not DVD compliant files. I don't think these files know anything about subtitles. Many DVD players do not even play DivX files :rolleyes:

Hello,

I have Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7 Build: 2.1.6a which I sometimes put avi data files on and watch on my dvd player.

Ijared,

If what you said above means your DVD player will already play AVI files you give it on a data disc, then it's quite possible that it will recognize and use subtitle files too. Mine does. You should check your player's instructions and see if it will do this, or else put the subtitle files on a data disc along with your AVI file and try it yourself.

I have a Philips DVP640 and on that player I select the subtitle file on the disc, press the 'subtitles' button on the remote, and then select the AVI file to play.

Archived