• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 8 & Videowave CRASHES

h82lose1

Question

I just bought and installed EMC 8 Deluxe Suite and I'm having a problem getting MyDVD 8 to work. I have tried everything, when I click "create dvd" it starts to open mydvd 8 and its starts to load, then crashes. I have tried this on two computers with no luck. One is a brand new HP Laptop with Turion 64 Processor, 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon Express 200M Graphics. The other is a Pentium 4 - 2.8ghz w/ Hyper Threading, 1.5GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 6200 Graphics. Has anyone else experienced this?

Actually I tried this on a third PC out of curiosity and it worked. This PC is an HP Desktop with P4 2.8ghz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 5500 Graphics.

I'm wondering if there is a hardware or software conflict, I have been trying to compare the computer that worked to the computers it won't work on but haven't really found any software differences. Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron

3 answers to this question

I just bought and installed EMC 8 Deluxe Suite and I'm having a problem getting MyDVD 8 to work. I have tried everything, when I click "create dvd" it starts to open mydvd 8 and its starts to load, then crashes. I have tried this on two computers with no luck. One is a brand new HP Laptop with Turion 64 Processor, 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon Express 200M Graphics. The other is a Pentium 4 - 2.8ghz w/ Hyper Threading, 1.5GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 6200 Graphics. Has anyone else experienced this?

Actually I tried this on a third PC out of curiosity and it worked. This PC is an HP Desktop with P4 2.8ghz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 5500 Graphics.

I'm wondering if there is a hardware or software conflict, I have been trying to compare the computer that worked to the computers it won't work on but haven't really found any software differences. Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron

This just started happening with my EMC 8. After opening EMC8 Home, clicking on any application causes it to begin to load -- then crashes, ironically then with a Microsoft Windows window popping up asking me if I would like to send an ERROR REPORT!

Will be curious to see how many others report the same.

Bob H.

Bob

There is a whole lot of differences between an install problem and one where the program installs properly then start to have problems. You might want to start your own thread with your computer specs and with what really happens. Almost like boilerplate language -- have you checked for malware with at least two programs? Have you installed something recently - even an update? Have you tried a system restore?

This just started happening with my EMC 8. After opening EMC8 Home, clicking on any application causes it to begin to load -- then crashes, ironically then with a Microsoft Windows window popping up asking me if I would like to send an ERROR REPORT!

Will be curious to see how many others report the same.

Bob H.

Ron,

Does this happen with only that one function - MyDVD? Does everything else work properly? Have you tried loading MyDVD from the home/application menu?

When you went to install on the two computers did you make sure:

1) That there were no packet writing type programs on the computers . These do not get along well and cause crashes. InCD and Drag to Disc are two of the typical programs. These allow you to drag files to a cd or DVD. Many manufacturers load them as part of the free software. Do not worry about the built in Windows program.

2) You were disconnected from the internet, checked for malware, defragged, rebooted, shut down your anti-virus program and then installed?

3) Uninstalled and reinstalled the software? or at least run a fix using Windows add/remove programs?

Thanks!

Ron

Archived