• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Doesn't Play Video Or Audio

crath24

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, so if not, a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

When using VideoWave as a part of Creator 2009, I will added a home video (.mpg file) so I can be begin editing and adding effects and all. When the video is opened as part of the project, I will press play and nothing happens. The video doesn't play at all. If i click around with Fast Forward, Next Frame, etc, and then hit play again, the video will eventually start, but have no audio. I know the video file has audio with it, because opening it Windows Media Player has no issues.

I've successfully used this VideoWave already to edit a slideshow using pictures and mp3 files, burn it to a DVD and had no issues. This is the first time I'm using video. In the past, I used Roxio Creator 8 and that version of VideoWave and had no issues there like this.

I've restarted the computer, no luck. I've reinstaleld Creator 2009, no luck.

I'm on a laptop running Windows XP and meet the requirements for running Creator 2009.

So anyone got any ideas why the videos with audio won't play at all, but projects with just pictures and mp3s will?

7 answers to this question

The attached suggestion is an "avi" file as oposed to an mpg file that you are trying to get to work. Howver the same things suggested apply. Especially if you are getting no audio when you ply the video in the Videowave program, amke sure the "Native" box is checked. Not sure if this is all of your problems but for the audio portion that you arent getting, this might be an answer.

Frank...

Gave that shot but no luck. I pull up the Native Audio track and it appears normal. The track is there with the green line running through the middle.

Even with it displaying, i have to randomly click around the "Next Frame" or somewhere into the video to get it to actually start play. But it still has no audio.

I've played around with it a bit more. I've put in .avi files and it works no problem. I put in .mpeg files and it works as it should. I don't believe there is a difference between the .mpeg and .mpg file extension (to my knowledge).

The .mpg files I'm trying to edit are imported from home movies. They were filmed on a JVC Digital Video Camera on Mini DV tapes. Imported to the computer through a program Image Mixer that came with the camera. I did alot of editing with Roxio Creator 8 Videowave using the the same video files. I didn't change any settings about how they were imported, so it's strange how it's not working now.

To add to the mystery, using Roxio 8 I had 2 of those .mpg files joined into 1 larger file because the video was on two separate tapes. It was ouput at the highest quality .avi file. With that .avi file now, it works normally in this Videowave.

So is it something about a .mpg file that VideoWave doesn't like? The audio track in some format that it doesn't like if I'm missing a codec or something? I'm assuming I have what I need if Windows Media Player plays the video without issue.

I hope I don't have to convert all my .mpg files to a .avi file in VideoWave, just to then begin editing them.

Even more information I've gotten from playing around with it....

It seems to be only my video files. Other .avi, .mpeg, and even .mpg files all work normally in VideoWave. I don't understand it. The video files play normally in Windows Media Player and Apple Quicktime.

So I guess its something about how the ImageMixer program creates a .MPG file from the Mini DV tape? This version of VideoWave doesn't like it? I really hope there is a quick codec download or something that can resolve this problem.

Even more information I've gotten from playing around with it....

It seems to be only my video files. Other .avi, .mpeg, and even .mpg files all work normally in VideoWave. I don't understand it. The video files play normally in Windows Media Player and Apple Quicktime.

So I guess its something about how the ImageMixer program creates a .MPG file from the Mini DV tape? This version of VideoWave doesn't like it? I really hope there is a quick codec download or something that can resolve this problem.

How are you capturing from your video camera? You should be capturing via a firewire connection and as a DV-AVI file, or you are doing your good video, a disservice.

You can't capture via USB, and if you do, I can't imagine the video is high quality.

How are you capturing from your video camera? You should be capturing via a firewire connection and as a DV-AVI file, or you are doing your good video, a disservice.

You can't capture via USB, and if you do, I can't imagine the video is high quality.

I have been capturing via USB. It's not the greatest quality, but I'm not making any fancy movies or anything. It does what I need it to do.

I uninstalled Roxio 2009, reinstalled Roxio 8, and was able to use the same .MPG files in VideoWave without issue. So something changed from 8 to 2009 that somehow eliminated my .MPG as being a compatible format. It's bull----.

Is there some way to officially contact their Tech Support to find out if there is anything I can do or an explanation why its not working?

I have been capturing via USB. It's not the greatest quality, but I'm not making any fancy movies or anything. It does what I need it to do.

I uninstalled Roxio 2009, reinstalled Roxio 8, and was able to use the same .MPG files in VideoWave without issue. So something changed from 8 to 2009 that somehow eliminated my .MPG as being a compatible format. It's bull----.

Is there some way to officially contact their Tech Support to find out if there is anything I can do or an explanation why its not working?

Click on the Support tab, at the top of the page.

Archived