• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Authoring For High Definition Sound Formats

robandsharon

Question

I have downloaded a number of trailer clips to demo my surround sound system. The original .VOB files are in 5.1, 5.1ex, or DTS formats. Roxio output for MyDVD projects only allow for 2.0 or LPCM. Is there any option/upgrade or tweak to allow maintainance of the original quality of the source file? I confirmed the output by playing them on my player and, sadly, they all show 2.0 (stereo) output.

5 answers to this question

I have downloaded a number of trailer clips to demo my surround sound system. The original .VOB files are in 5.1, 5.1ex, or DTS formats.
Do you have these .VOBs in a DVD compliant video_ts folder? If so, then you can burn that to a DVD using Video COpy & Convert 'DVD Copy' option. That is the only application that will burn a video_ts as is with no re-rendering.

IF the file needs rendering in any way to be DVD compliant, the audio will be transcoded to stereo.

Do you have these .VOBs in a DVD compliant video_ts folder? If so, then you can burn that to a DVD using Video COpy & Convert 'DVD Copy' option. That is the only application that will burn a video_ts as is with no re-rendering.

IF the file needs rendering in any way to be DVD compliant, the audio will be transcoded to stereo.

No, the files are stand alone VOB files. I found other programs that generate the companion IFO and similar files to finish out the VIDEO_TS folder but have yet to get them to work. It just seems like a comprehensive solution like roxio should have some fix for this. Thank you for your input.

No, the files are stand alone VOB files. I found other programs that generate the companion IFO and similar files to finish out the VIDEO_TS folder but have yet to get them to work. It just seems like a comprehensive solution like roxio should have some fix for this. Thank you for your input.

Why would you think that Roxio would fix your user error?

Archived