• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD preview not playing 4 selected audio clips

dakotarita@hotmail.com

Question

I have the EMC 8 and I'm trying to make a simple DVD slideshow with music. I used Roxio to get the music from my cds and they're saved on my computer. I've added them to the slideshow, but when I hit the preview button...no sound. What am I doing wrong? It shows that the audio is there, but I can't hear anything.

Please help. I've been at this for hours and I'm going a little :)

Thanks,

Rita

3 answers to this question

Rita, It seems like several people have had this problem lately. :) It may be the quality of the music file. Most have solved this by opening Sound Editor, adding the music tracks and then exporting them as wav files. Even if you brought them in as wav files, try it. remove the original music file from the production and clear the proxy files. Then add the "new" file.

I'm assuming that you have already selected the music file on the timeline, clicked on the speaker icon and adjusted the volume.

I have the EMC 8 and I'm trying to make a simple DVD slideshow with music. I used Roxio to get the music from my cds and they're saved on my computer. I've added them to the slideshow, but when I hit the preview button...no sound. What am I doing wrong? It shows that the audio is there, but I can't hear anything.

Please help. I've been at this for hours and I'm going a little :huh:

Thanks,

Rita

You can use mp3 files if they are compliant in terms of sample rate, bits, etc. . The trick to get them to a wav file is just to make sure that they have all the properties that this program can use. That's why some people have cured their sound problem by using Sound Editor.

You may have just missed the tutorials for V8, they are here. Make sure you also take some time with the manual, here.

In VideoWave, the timeline is labeled. If you don't see it, there are two possibilities, one is that you do not have the full version of EMC 8 or two, your video card needs to be updated. See below for what you should see. If you don't see the row of icons, post back with your computer specification especially anything you know about your video card and we'll try to get you on track.

Hi and thanks for your response. I didn't realize I had to use wav files and not mp3 files. I feel so lost using this software. I still haven't figured out how to see a timeline. I'm very frustrated and think this version has way more to it than I'll ever need. The tutorials online aren't for this version either which is even more frustrating. :) Any advice on where I should go for very BASIC help?

Rita, It seems like several people have had this problem lately. :) It may be the quality of the music file. Most have solved this by opening Sound Editor, adding the music tracks and then exporting them as wav files. Even if you brought them in as wav files, try it. remove the original music file from the production and clear the proxy files. Then add the "new" file.

I'm assuming that you have already selected the music file on the timeline, clicked on the speaker icon and adjusted the volume.

Hi and thanks for your response. I didn't realize I had to use wav files and not mp3 files. I feel so lost using this software. I still haven't figured out how to see a timeline. I'm very frustrated and think this version has way more to it than I'll ever need. The tutorials online aren't for this version either which is even more frustrating. :huh: Any advice on where I should go for very BASIC help?

Archived