• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Error, No Supported Recorders Available

eallen

Apologies if topic not applicable.

Creator Classic from 2003 won't recognize recorders.

I get error message that there are no supported recorders when trying to burn/

My DVD (CD) drive is TSST Corp CD DVDW SH S223Q. I believe there is a driver update for this drive from Samsung, but I haven't downloaded it yet. And just today I downloaded CDBurner XP 4 from Major Geeks.

OS is XP Pro.

I am trying to burn some MP3 music files to a cd that can be used in typical cd players (incl Auto) All of these file formats and cd types and dvd types are about to drive me nuts though. I have been trying to assimulate that info.

I can conpress to MP3 and render them in several formats upon creation. Not too savvy in that though.

Are there any suggestions (in addition to telling me to upgrade to current version of Roxio) I might try before doing just that?

Windows media player and a number of other programs (BiaB, Real Band DAK WAV and MP3 editor) will read and play these files.

I have transferred a ton of files from LP's and Cassettes to my HD and wanted to put some on CD's.

I am getting ready to try the new burner s/w from major geeks but would like to sort out the problem with Roxio as I like it.

Thanks.

eallen

Apologies if topic not applicable.

Creator Classic from 2003 won't recognize recorders.

I get error message that there are no supported recorders when trying to burn/

My DVD (CD) drive is TSST Corp CD DVDW SH S223Q. I believe there is a driver update for this drive from Samsung, but I haven't downloaded it yet. And just today I downloaded CDBurner XP 4 from Major Geeks.

OS is XP Pro.

I am trying to burn some MP3 music files to a cd that can be used in typical cd players (incl Auto) All of these file formats and cd types and dvd types are about to drive me nuts though. I have been trying to assimulate that info.

I can conpress to MP3 and render them in several formats upon creation. Not too savvy in that though.

Are there any suggestions (in addition to telling me to upgrade to current version of Roxio) I might try before doing just that?

Windows media player and a number of other programs (BiaB, Real Band DAK WAV and MP3 editor) will read and play these files.

I have transferred a ton of files from LP's and Cassettes to my HD and wanted to put some on CD's.

I am getting ready to try the new burner s/w from major geeks but would like to sort out the problem with Roxio as I like it.

Thanks.

eallen

What version of Roxio do you have?????

Did you purchase the full retail version or did it come with the computer or a burner?.

Did you purchase the full retail version or did it come with the computer or a burner?.

(Momentary confusion. I saw your user id under the msg topic and thought i had somehow gotten my msg posted under your id and made it 10,984,)

I hesitated to say how old the version is, but it is 6.0.0.171, dated 1-.13.03. I believe it is retail, but not sure.

Addendum to my original post. I can convert the MP3 to wav and write it to a cd which will play in ord. cd player (except I haven't tried it in vehicle yet. But to render these files to wav is almost not practicable.

Again, there is confusion in my mind about "audio" versus "music" versus "other".

However, to save space when I created the files from cassettes and LP's, quality wasn't so important, and as many files as I had, I was afraid space and capacity would become a problem, so I opted for MP3.

I have reinstalled Roxio several times because I get an error "engine initialization has failed: (could not load CDRTC) Pease reinstall the Roxio s/w. But when I click OK on the error icon it will proceed to the creator classic burn dialog and I can continue with seleecting files to burn.

I appreciate your help.

Eallen

• 1 month later...

Archived