• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate - Problems Launching

wh16923

Question

I launch the program and it fails wanting to send the error report to Microsoft.

I launch it again (second time) and it fails wanting to send the error report to Microsoft.

I launch it again (third time) and it runs!

These three launches are in immediate succession with no intervening actions on the computer. What the heck type of software is this, that it would behave in this fashion?? And would anyone trust that the application is in fact running?

Short of "third time is a charm" this is very disconcerting. Anyone else see this?

Dell XPS M170, XP SP 3

15 answers to this question

Well, I am sorry, can't help someone who is unwilling to do anything but question suggestions…

Best of luck.

It's probably because a clean install is always your suggestion. For those of us that have closely followed the instructions many time and it still doesn't work we get tired of hearing you say to try them again.

No matter what you think that solution doesn't work all the time. Your attitude needs some adjustment. You don't seem to "really" want to help.

My 2 cents. Sorry if I offend you but every time I do a search I see your same comment. Enough is enough.

Now, can anyone else be of assistance?

It's probably because a clean install is always your suggestion. For those of us that have closely followed the instructions many time and it still doesn't work we get tired of hearing you say to try them again.

No matter what you think that solution doesn't work all the time. Your attitude needs some adjustment. You don't seem to "really" want to help.

My 2 cents. Sorry if I offend you but every time I do a search I see your same comment. Enough is enough.

Now, can anyone else be of assistance?

I thought it was only me that felt this way. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

The reason that there is a suggestion to 'try it again' is very simple

No matter what most people may think, a LOT of things can go wrong - the registry edits for a start, the fact there are two hidden folders that have to be deleted.

Add to that, perople who try to add steps to the procedure "Oh, I think I'll just remove this and that from the registry" as well as those who have the attitude of "I don't think I need to do this - so I won't"

There is also the problem of people doing the clean install, when whatever it was that caused toe corrupt installation is still there - 999 clean installs won't work if, say, you have left your anti-virus program running during the procedure or you have used a registry cleaner on the app

Clean install isn't the answer to everything - but it's a starting point and before going any further, any of us here need to be 100% certain that you actually DID it as described with no add-ons or omissions

Clean install isn't the answer to everything - but it's a starting point and before going any further, any of us here need to be 100% certain that you actually DID it as described with no add-ons or omissions

Isn't our word good enough that we did follow the directions step-for-step? Why do we have to be treated as little kids who don't follow directions? There are some PC saavy people out in the world who actually DO follow directions.

We've clearly passed the 'starting point' and do need to proceed further. It's been 5 days and Roxio support is now disappointing me with no response. What kind of customer service is that?

As a retired service manager in a TV repair company, I always made it a rule to take each repair individually (and never really go with what the customer said). The number of times I've had 'it's only the picture valve' (even after valves went out of the equation) is far too many even to think about :lol:

Clean install is only one of a number of options open (and btw, you did of course notice the two hidden folders in application data - didn't you?) Again, sometimes it doesn't work as expected - hence the suggestion to try it again. A lot of things can mess up the install - background apps, fragmentation, registry cleaners, etc - even anti-virus can knock it out. If you notice, just about every single app going states 'close down all running programs before installing' - but the number of people who go ahead and install anyway are countless. Most get away with it - once in a while someone doesn't and then the moans start. The ones that most forget about are the drive optimisers (the defrag that runs in the background), anti-virus and malware active protection. Even tho the program isn't a virus or malware, it does (as do all programs) make registry entries and a lot of the security programs dive in at that point unbeknownst to the installer

I have installed 2009 on several Operating Systems to try to get faults - and never did. I've had it on XP Pro 32, XP Pro 64, Vista Ultimate 32 and right now it's on Windows 7 Beta. At no time did I have a problem installing, but each time it was on a 'clean' OS with no accumulated detritus from other apps, browsing, etc. However, before installing I always did a defrag and a spyware check (surprising what one of those will turn up). I normally use both Adaware (free version) and Spybot, but shut all down after running them and, as I said, never had a problem installing 23009 or any other app

ps - for US readers, what we call 'valves' over here you lot call 'vacuum tubes'

But you didn't try it again... :D

There are certain error conditions that produce specific errors. From that there are specific fixes that apply. But not a single one of them start off with Me Too

We have them outlined in the appropriate Install forum. Read them, try the Clean Install, then start your own Topic there.

Nope - I haven't tried it again. What would be the purpose to try it again other than wasting my time? I appreciate you trying to help but trying the same things over and over makes no sense.

I set up a trouble ticket with support and sent them the msinfo that they requested. At this point it is for them to figure out why it doesn't work on my system. No other software on my system requires this much finageling to get it to run. Besides, I'm not the only one having the same exact issues. Seems to me that the software is a bit buggy :huh:.

Nope - I haven't tried it again. What would be the purpose to try it again other than wasting my time? I appreciate you trying to help but trying the same things over and over makes no sense.

I set up a trouble ticket with support and sent them the msinfo that they requested. At this point it is for them to figure out why it doesn't work on my system. No other software on my system requires this much finageling to get it to run. Besides, I'm not the only one having the same exact issues. Seems to me that the software is a bit buggy :huh:.

Well, I am sorry, can't help someone who is unwilling to do anything but question suggestions…

Best of luck.

Yes it is, now do it again and make sure you follow all of the instructions.

Thanks for the response Jim but I did follow all of the instructions. If this is what it takes to get this software working then there is a problem here.

I opened a trouble ticket and sent the msinfo to support.

Hello,

I have the exact problem. Did the clean install like you did and the program fails just like yours. I have it on 2 system. On the XP Professional it runs fine. The other is XP Home and it acts like yours.

Please post you findings here.

Thanks for the response Jim but I did follow all of the instructions. If this is what it takes to get this software working then there is a problem here.

I opened a trouble ticket and sent the msinfo to support.

But you didn't try it again... :D

There are certain error conditions that produce specific errors. From that there are specific fixes that apply. But not a single one of them start off with Me Too

We have them outlined in the appropriate Install forum. Read them, try the Clean Install, then start your own Topic there.

Archived