• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Initial Internet Access

labcon

Question

12 answers to this question

Let it go through one connection - then see if it happens again. If it does, then something is definitely wonky

I guess something is wonky. I loged onto the internet, opened Creator. The window showing "Tutorials", "Support" and one other item that I do not remember came up. I looked at some of the Tutorials and looked at some of the support listings. I then viewed some of the photos and videos I have stored on the computer. All went well. I closed Creator and shut down the internet connection. Opened Creator again and the program still tried to connect to the internet. Unless someone else has a suggestion I guess I will have to live with it. Thanks again for your interest.

I purchased the program from Costco on line. "Roxio Creator 2009 Special Addition" and came bundled with the Roxio Video Capture hardware. Thanks again for your interest.

I would prefer a Better Solution but you do not have to start the Home app to run the programs…

Most are available through the Start Menu directly.

In the Home application go to Tools > Options > Home and deselect the first four boxes, from "Participate. . ." through "check for updates".

Then go to CD lookup and remove the check from "Enable audio disc information download"

I think that should do most of them.

Thank you Brendon for your response. Unfortunately I still have the problem - any other suggestions?

In the Home application go to Tools > Options > Home and deselect the first four boxes, from "Participate. . ." through "check for updates".

Then go to CD lookup and remove the check from "Enable audio disc information download"

I think that should do most of them.

Just a thought - you don't happen to have an OEM version?

There were a lot of cases in earlier programs with HP versions doing that - and there was nothing that could be done to stop it

I purchased the program from Costco on line. "Roxio Creator 2009 Special Addition" and came bundled with the Roxio Video Capture hardware. Thanks again for your interest.

You haven't actually said what your problem is.

I believe the suite phones home as part of the installation process, and likely does the same when it activates. You're not wanting to stop that, are you?

My problem is that each time I open Roxio 2009, the program tries to connect to the internet through Internet Explorer. I would rather not have Roxio try to make the connection because I am not maintain a continuous connection to the internet all the time. Internet service in my area is spotty and very slow. I have removed the checks as you suggested in your first response but still have the problem. I appreciate your interest - thank you.

As Brendon pointed out, the suite actually needs the first connection (for activation and registration)

Did you let it complete that? If you kept stopping it, it will keep trying

I can log onto My Account at Roxio.Com and it lists the Roxio Creator 2009 SE program I have as one of my registered programs. I can logon to the internet and then run the Creator, allowing it to access the internet. Other than that I don't know how to determine if the program has been activated or not. Thank you for your interest.

Archived