Installling an update to EMC8

judylallier

Question

Whenever I go into my EMC8 program a window pops us and says I shold install an update, but it stays it is for EMC 8.5 and to install separate. Has anyone installed this update, and if so have you had any problems. Also how do you install it separately.

Thank you.

Judy

1 answer to this question

Assuming that you are in the US.

There is no Version 8.5 but there is an update to take your 8.0 version to 8.05. If you are truly being asked to update to 8.5, immediately check for viruses and other malware.

If you open VideoWave or MyDVD, and look at the about tab, that will tell you what version you have it should be 8.0XXXX. If it is 8.05 XX then you have the latest and there is no update. The deluxe version is 8.06XXX

I've never heard of a directive to install an update separately unless there are two separate updates.

Whenever I go into my EMC8 program a window pops us and says I shold install an update, but it stays it is for EMC 8.5 and to install separate. Has anyone installed this update, and if so have you had any problems. Also how do you install it separately.

Thank you.

Judy

Archived