• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ext DVD drive is good with toast?

moonlightsg

Question

5 answers to this question

I just ordered the LaCie 16x Lightscribe external. I don't care much about Lightscribe, but the good part for me is that it sports both a FireWire 400 and an USB2 port. Meaning it's interchangeable with almost anything.

Ohhh, since Lightscribe is now a must for LaCie they ditched NEC. Inside the case now lives a Samsung. I gambled on future Retrospect support...

Hi, i got to get toast 7 soon... but i need to comfirm which ext DVD drive can work well with it? i plan to buy a burner that able to use with windows(USB) and mac... and advise?

I am using Toast Titanium v7.0.2 with an external Plextor 740 U/F (High speed USB 2.0 and Firewire 1394a) on a Power Macintosh G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400MHz with different hard drives containing different Mac OS X "Jaguar" v10.2.8, "Panther " v10.3.9 and "Tiger" v10.4.6. At first I had problems being able to get Maxell DVD+RW and DVD-RWs to be reused after an initial erase. I then updated the firmware on the drive & there aren't any issues being experienced anymore. I can not understand but the internal DVD-ROM drive on the computer will just not read the DVD-RW/+RW that I burn, only the external drive will. Other than that the drive works well with Windows 200 Professional SP4, Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4, Windows XP Professional SP2, OS X "Jaguar", "Panther" & "Tiger" both with the 1394a connection as well as the High speed USB 2.0 connection. All of the computers I use have both types of connections on them which makes it easy to connect whatever comes my way. Hope this helps and good luck. :)

I just ordered the LaCie 16x Lightscribe external. I don't care much about Lightscribe, but the good part for me is that it sports both a FireWire 400 and an USB2 port. Meaning it's interchangeable with almost anything.

Ohhh, since Lightscribe is now a must for LaCie they ditched NEC. Inside the case now lives a Samsung. I gambled on future Retrospect support...

Warning! I'm getting "'couldn't complete the last command because of a mac os error' result code = -5001" every time I try to burn a dual layer disc using a LaCie 16x external. Someone else suggested a firmware update (none are available)...Don't count on using this drive with Toast, is my advice.

Archived