Upgrade From Creator 10

wiry

Question

I have been creating dvd movies with Creator 10 and after some learning curve issues, I have found it really fun to use. I had one issue, and that was the limited sound and background music choices. It seems that Creator 2009 has a lot of fixes. But I am afraid of the installation issues. If I can run Creator 10, will I be able to run the light version of Creator 2009? Will I have to uninstall Creator 10 or does it install over. What are the issues changing to 2009. I meet the requirements but after all the problems I had installing 10, I am resistent to changing anything since it's all working now. I would really like better soundtracks, however. Please advise about any new installation issues. I run windows xp pro service pack 3 I have 1.83 ghz processor and 1 gig of ram and 53 gig free space. My graphics card is fine for running Creator 10. Please advise.

4 answers to this question

I have been creating dvd movies with Creator 10 and after some learning curve issues, I have found it really fun to use. I had one issue, and that was the limited sound and background music choices. It seems that Creator 2009 has a lot of fixes. But I am afraid of the installation issues. If I can run Creator 10, will I be able to run the light version of Creator 2009? Will I have to uninstall Creator 10 or does it install over. What are the issues changing to 2009. I meet the requirements but after all the problems I had installing 10, I am resistent to changing anything since it's all working now. I would really like better soundtracks, however. Please advise about any new installation issues. I run windows xp pro service pack 3 I have 1.83 ghz processor and 1 gig of ram and 53 gig free space. My graphics card is fine for running Creator 10. Please advise.

What is the light version of Creator 2009?

What do you mean by limited sound and background music? You can add any music files that you own (not DRM protected like those bought from an on-line store - except those that are really protection free. They would have to be wav (preferred) or mp3 but you can convert them using Sound Editor.

If EMC 10 is working well for you, there are no fixes that you need. If you want to do Blu Ray or AVCHD then upgrade. That would be the only good reason.

I don't have EMC 10 on my computer anymore. Did that have Smart Sound? If so, buying some of that music would give you what you want a lot cheaper and with less headaches.

Yes, Creator 10 has smart sound and I would like more of it. You suggest buying up more smart sound songs. Where do I find them?

That's exactly what I want to do.

Archived