• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Conflicts With Itune 8.0

redleader

Question

A couple of weeks ago I had successfully installed Creator 9, via the clean install/uninstall procedures posted on this forum. However, eversince that time, I've had issues running Itunes 8.0. Every time I launch Itunes I get an error message about how the registry for Itunes is affected and how it cannot find a driver or something for the CD/DVD read/write drive. After I click ok on this message Itune will launch and run just fine. However, when I try to burn a music CD via Itunes, I get a similar message and it is unable to burn the disc. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes but still the same error. So, I am assuming when going through the clean install/uninstall procedures for Creator 9, it affected some functionality of Itunes.

I know this isn't an Itune support forum, but before I check on the Itunes side for support, I thought I'd see if this is a commonly experienced problem or if anyone has ideas on this, since it's obvious something happened as a result of the install/presence of Creator 9 on my machine.

As a side note, having Itunes CD-write ability is rather important as Creator 9 won't burn CD's of itunes files (.m4p). I believe only Itunes software can burn music CD's of their own proprietary files.

3 answers to this question

A couple of weeks ago I had successfully installed Creator 9, via the clean install/uninstall procedures posted on this forum. However, eversince that time, I've had issues running Itunes 8.0. Every time I launch Itunes I get an error message about how the registry for Itunes is affected and how it cannot find a driver or something for the CD/DVD read/write drive. After I click ok on this message Itune will launch and run just fine. However, when I try to burn a music CD via Itunes, I get a similar message and it is unable to burn the disc. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes but still the same error. So, I am assuming when going through the clean install/uninstall procedures for Creator 9, it affected some functionality of Itunes.

I know this isn't an Itune support forum, but before I check on the Itunes side for support, I thought I'd see if this is a commonly experienced problem or if anyone has ideas on this, since it's obvious something happened as a result of the install/presence of Creator 9 on my machine.

As a side note, having Itunes CD-write ability is rather important as Creator 9 won't burn CD's of itunes files (.m4p). I believe only Itunes software can burn music CD's of their own proprietary files.

Do you have Creator 2009, or do you have Easy Media Creator 9? There is no Creator 9 software.

I didn't have iTunes on this machine so I downloaded and installed it.I already had C2009 on it.

I'm not having any trouble burning a cd with iTunes.

I did use mp3 files already on my machine to make the disc.I didn't have any downloaded mp4 files yet.

I have C2009 and iTunes on my machine at home and have used iTunes many times to burn discs I've downloaded from there.