malatekid

Label Creator - Not working good

Question

I finally had the chance to use Label Creator last night.

1) Text fonts/size used in the interface are not that great. They are blurry and small compared to GUI of other suite apps.

2) When using Auto fill to list tracks of a music CD, some titles run past the center hole of the disc. When editing the track names, I could not find a way to create two lines for the name of a track so it doesn't run past the hole.

3) I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 that has the capability to print on disc. The pinting on the disc is way way off after a couple of multiple calibration of the printer. Actually, it doesn't appear to calibrate at all since the exact test print page always come out.

I finally gave up after 1/2 hour trying and wasting a couple of CDs (printable for that matter).

Any help out there? I'm reading this section EMC8-Tools on Label Creator and it seems to get the least amount of attention or assistance compared to all other topics.

2 answers to this question

Mostly because (in my opinion) this is one of the poorest excuses for a function in the suite. :) Many other labeling applications (free) will read the track list off a cd and put it on a label. Use the program that came with your printer or search to get a different one with the functions you want. I use SureThing Labeler with my Lightscribe enabled burner and it does import a playlist from a cd or a data disc. They do have a version that runs with your printer.

I finally had the chance to use Label Creator last night.

1) Text fonts/size used in the interface are not that great. They are blurry and small compared to GUI of other suite apps.

2) When using Auto fill to list tracks of a music CD, some titles run past the center hole of the disc. When editing the track names, I could not find a way to create two lines for the name of a track so it doesn't run past the hole.

3) I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 that has the capability to print on disc. The pinting on the disc is way way off after a couple of multiple calibration of the printer. Actually, it doesn't appear to calibrate at all since the exact test print page always come out.

I finally gave up after 1/2 hour trying and wasting a couple of CDs (printable for that matter).

Any help out there? I'm reading this section EMC8-Tools on Label Creator and it seems to get the least amount of attention or assistance compared to all other topics.

Edited by sknis

Mostly because (in my opinion) this is one of the poorest excuses for a function in the suite. :) Many other labeling applications (free) will read the track list off a cd and put it on a label. Use the program that came with your printer or search to get a different one with the functions you want. I use SureThing Labeler with my Lightscribe enabled burner and it does import a playlist from a cd or a data disc. I don't know if it will print to your printer.

Yes, my printer came with a nice software. That one works great. It doesn't read track list off the cd though unlike yours which is a burner. The Label Creator reads playlist off cd using the Auto-fill method but the functionality itself is not that desirable. I'll stick to typing the playlist and printing label using my Epson printer and its software.

In my opinion, this app is a disappointment. :huh: