• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rode Podcaster Not Recognized

Frustrated55

Question

Does anyone out there use a Rode Podcaster microphone with Roxio 2009 ???? It worked just fine with Roxio 8 until Windows XP loaded service pack 3. Now we have a new laptop running Windows Vista and the Rode works just fine. But with Roxio 2009, it's not recognized!!!!!! The latest drivers have been installed. This leads me to believe that Roxio is JUNK!

Their Support hours also suck in that if you live on the West Coast, they're closed by the time you get home.

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

6 answers to this question

Again, what application are you using, and what are you trying to do? Have you looked at Rode FAQ/Q&A?

Perhaps it is a common problem. Several people who use USB type devices (cassette deck, turntable) have complained about audio capture and monitoring issues.

Do you have an inexpensive Mic that you can plug into your Mic jack just to see if the application/sound card/chip can pick that up. I know that is not a solution; just trying to do some troubleshooting.

Trying to use Edit Audio, to make an aduio CD (voice), with music in the background. I did try a cheap mic in the Line In jack, and it works. For USB, it fails...

Trying to use Edit Audio, to make an aduio CD (voice), with music in the background. I did try a cheap mic in the Line In jack, and it works. For USB, it fails...

UPDATE----I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Audition, and the USB mic works great! Question now becomes, why can't Roxio open the USB device??

UPDATE----I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Audition, and the USB mic works great! Question now becomes, why can't Roxio open the USB device??

Actually the question becomes "Why doesn't the Rode Mic drivers conform to the universal standards (which Roxio uses)"?

One would expect that a $350 program would have more options.

See if Gold Wave (free trial) will capture audio from that Mic. You can use Roxio Sound Editor to put the music and narration together.

Did you re-install the drivers for the Rode after you installed Creator 2009. The installation may have overwritten the drivers. Please explain what you mean by Creator 2009 doesn't recognize the microphone. What application in the suite?

A technical service call to Roxio will cost you $$. Have you tried calling them in the morning? Have you entered a trouble ticket?

The drivers were loaded before and after, still no luck. Support was contacted and they dont know at this time.

The drivers were loaded before and after, still no luck. Support was contacted and they dont know at this time.

Again, what application are you using, and what are you trying to do? Have you looked at Rode FAQ/Q&A?

Perhaps it is a common problem. Several people who use USB type devices (cassette deck, turntable) have complained about audio capture and monitoring issues.

Do you have an inexpensive Mic that you can plug into your Mic jack just to see if the application/sound card/chip can pick that up. I know that is not a solution; just trying to do some troubleshooting.

Does anyone out there use a Rode Podcaster microphone with Roxio 2009 ???? It worked just fine with Roxio 8 until Windows XP loaded service pack 3. Now we have a new laptop running Windows Vista and the Rode works just fine. But with Roxio 2009, it's not recognized!!!!!! The latest drivers have been installed. This leads me to believe that Roxio is JUNK!

Their Support hours also suck in that if you live on the West Coast, they're closed by the time you get home.

:angry2:

Did you re-install the drivers for the Rode after you installed Creator 2009. The installation may have overwritten the drivers. Please explain what you mean by Creator 2009 doesn't recognize the microphone. What application in the suite?

A technical service call to Roxio will cost you $$. Have you tried calling them in the morning? Have you entered a trouble ticket?

Archived