• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 2009 Disk Installation Problems

Roxi

Question

Hi All and hope you can help, I have purchased a 2nd computer with Vista Home Premium, heaps of ram and harddrive. I am trying to instal Roxio 2009 from disk which I purchased. The instal runs smoothly until nearly the end when it is to instal "smart sound". The disk in my drive starts to rattle and I have sat there for 15 minutes but will not finish the instal. I have uninstalled it by cancelling the instal...I cannot find any Roxio folders in my drive therefore the uninstal has worked. Can someone help me, I did take the product back to the store thinking it was a faulty disk, when I bought the new one home I had the same problem. I have tried the instal 4 times.....

My other vista computer has Roxio 8, I had no problems with instal what so ever....

Another question, can I use my roxio 8 in the new computer, I was told you can only instal into 1 computer....

1 answer to this question

In reverse order

No - sorry, one copy, one PC (apart from which EMC8 won't work in Vista)

The rattling drive - it could be a faulty disc. Check for cracks or dirt on it. Try copying the contents to a temp folder on the hard drive and run setup from there. If the disc starts to make strange noises during that, or if it fails to copy, return it to wherever you got it.

If it gets noisy during the copy (increased pitch) eject it IMMEDIATELY and bring it back to the store

Archived