Build Number

loveoldtrux

Question

Is this valid? I got this from the "about" section of the software.... isn't this sort of OLD? At the Roxio site, the option to download the 115 mb update just keeps running in loops and never gives the option to really DOWNLOAD it.... is there a problem at the Roxio site?

Thanks everybody...

Loveoldtrux

6 answers to this question

PCOSTANZ ---- 6-pack heck, I'd buy a friend the whole BEER TRUCK if I could connect at 56K!! I live way out in the country and despite running two 56K modems they only connect at 28.8 max due to line degradation (THANKS.... ma bell...). Anyway..... it's either move to the city for cable or live in the country with the mules / emu / deer / fox / turkey...

****UPDATE**** for everyone that's been so nice to help......

I was eventually able to download the EMC50_805.exe (took 7 seconds... ahem....) to a cd by changing my proxy server at work. Came home and checked creator classic "about" ---- it showed I had version 800B85C ENU. I applied the patch and now it shows I am at 805B30B ENU..... does that look better??...

Hey..... found why the system was so S-L-O-W after installing emc8 - the media watcher WAS on.... and had links to OVER 2300 pix on my system.... no WONDER it was so slow!!!..... so I turned "watch folders" off!!

I use Irfanview for my pix anyhow....

Thanks everybody; I'll-be-back....

Lovoldtrux

PCOSTANZ ---- 6-pack heck, I'd buy a friend the whole BEER TRUCK if I could connect at 56K!! I live way out in the country and despite running two 56K modems they only connect at 28.8 max due to line degradation (THANKS.... ma bell...). Anyway..... it's either move to the city for cable or live in the country with the mules / emu / deer / fox / turkey...

****UPDATE**** for everyone that's been so nice to help......

I was eventually able to download the EMC50_805.exe (took 7 seconds... ahem....) to a cd by changing my proxy server at work. Came home and checked creator classic "about" ---- it showed I had version 800B85C ENU. I applied the patch and now it shows I am at 805B30B ENU..... does that look better??...

Hey..... found why the system was so S-L-O-W after installing emc8 - the media watcher WAS on.... and had links to OVER 2300 pix on my system.... no WONDER it was so slow!!!..... so I turned "watch folders" off!!

I use Irfanview for my pix anyhow....

Thanks everybody; I'll-be-back....

Lovoldtrux

You have the real deal.

Is this valid? I got this from the "about" section of the software.... isn't this sort of OLD? At the Roxio site, the option to download the 115 mb update just keeps running in loops and never gives the option to really DOWNLOAD it.... is there a problem at the Roxio site?

Thanks everybody...

Loveoldtrux

It depends where you look. Different modules show different versions. Creator classic will show version 8.xxxx. Cineplayer will show version 2.xxxx. BUMP will show version 6.xxxx. The core of EMC, modules like Creator Classic or Disc Copier will show a version of 8.xxxx.

Many of the modules were "brought together" to create the package.

Hope this helps. Marlin

Marlin is correct. The best place to check the build number is in Creator Classic, Videowave, or MyDVD. If your version starts with 8.05 you do not need the update.

If you are having issues downloading updates from the Roxio website, you can try temporarily disabling any firewalls or internet security software you may be running. In some cases, this can prevent downloads from the Roxio website.

William

Thanks for the help, guys. Indeed, I am behind a corporate firewall.... I guess I'll have to wait to get home and download the 115 MB file on my 28.8 modem :)

You do know that they do still make 56K modems? Probably wouldn't help that much but for files that size, I'd buy a friend a 6 pack and ask them to download it for you. And, if you are at his house while he's doing it, you get to drink half the 6 pack. That's a great deal in my meaningless life. :huh:

Archived