• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Make Dvd Stop After Each Chapter

ken_roxio

Question

7 answers to this question

That sounds then like they are not technically chapters as defined for DVD video, but actually individual movies/titles.

So to accomplish what you are wanting to do, you need to add each section of video to the main menu as a Movie/Title to get it to return to the menu at the end of each one.

You can put a text label on them of "Chapter 1", etc if you want, but they are not technically DVD video chapters. As video chapters will not do what you are trying to.

This is EXACTLY what the solution was! Making the DVD of multiple movies instead of multiple chapters.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

Anybody know how, when creating a new DVD, to make the DVD stop playing after each chapter and return to the main menu?

I believe the only way is to use the push button on your DVD player's remote. Chapters only set the start point but not the end point. Only at the end point of the movie the menu will show up.

Are you sure that you are talking about chapters (in a movie) or are you talking about the movie itself?

I'm going on previous versions; I have not tried to do that in Creator 2009. You do have Creator 2009 and not EMC 9? The full version or an OEM that came with your computer? Lots of people mis-post in the wrong forum.

I believe the only way is to use the push button on your DVD player's remote. Chapters only set the start point but not the end point. Only at the end point of the movie the menu will show up.

Are you sure that you are talking about chapters (in a movie) or are you talking about the movie itself?

I'm going on previous versions; I have not tried to do that in Creator 2009. You do have Creator 2009 and not EMC 9? The full version or an OEM that came with your computer? Lots of people mis-post in the wrong forum.

I have a DVD that stops after every chapter, not just at the end of the movie. It's a DVD someone created previously. It stops at the end of every chapter and returns to the main (root) menu. I imported the DVD contents using Roxio but the "auto-stopping" feature did not get imported. I need that feature retained, this DVD is used by my wife at her job for student research where the subjects are not allowed to see the subsequent chapters before they answer some questions on the chapter they just saw.

I have a DVD that stops after every chapter, not just at the end of the movie. It's a DVD someone created previously. It stops at the end of every chapter and returns to the main (root) menu. I imported the DVD contents using Roxio but the "auto-stopping" feature did not get imported. I need that feature retained, this DVD is used by my wife at her job for student research where the subjects are not allowed to see the subsequent chapters before they answer some questions on the chapter they just saw.

Are these "chapters" selected from the main menu page or do you first select a "movie" and then the chapter menu appears?

Are these "chapters" selected from the main menu page or do you first select a "movie" and then the chapter menu appears?

The former. And when each chapter is done the DVD goes back to the main menu.

That sounds then like they are not technically chapters as defined for DVD video, but actually individual movies/titles.

So to accomplish what you are wanting to do, you need to add each section of video to the main menu as a Movie/Title to get it to return to the menu at the end of each one.

You can put a text label on them of "Chapter 1", etc if you want, but they are not technically DVD video chapters. As video chapters will not do what you are trying to.

Archived