error 0x80004005

terifox52

Question

I've been using Roxio to create VCD for some time now. Suddenly it started giving me an error when I go to burn a VCD. The error code is 0x80004005.

I've tried Roxanne and she tells me to use the update function. It tells me there is no updates available. I've tried reinstalling the program and the updates all to no avail.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Teri

2 answers to this question

When you say that it tells you there are no updates available, is that through tthe program itself, or is that from Roxio's web site updates ???

When I first got my copy of EMC 7 the program itself always told me that there were no updates available, however there was an update when I went to the Roxio site. I also down loaded the update for my EMC 7.5, as I had purchased the retail version which is what that update was for. If you down loaded your copy from Roxio, you didn't need the update as your copy was already updated.

Frank....

If you search the boards, you will get a lot of hits on this issue. Two things to try. Don't burn directly to the CD; create the iso file first (burn window dialog) and then copy that iso file to the CD. Also try a different (better) brand of CD. Did you just start using a new pack?

I've been using Roxio to create VCD for some time now. Suddenly it started giving me an error when I go to burn a VCD. The error code is 0x80004005.

I've tried Roxanne and she tells me to use the update function. It tells me there is no updates available. I've tried reinstalling the program and the updates all to no avail.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Teri

Archived