• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Cassette Tapes To Digital Format Via Usb

jschalky

Question

Has anyone successfully captured cassette tape audio thru the Roxio Video Capture USB Card?

I'm using 'Convert Your LPs.....'. The USB card shows under 'Capture From'. My 'Line In' is NOT muted. I am using Roxio Creator 2009, SP2 running on Win XP. I am capturing from a tape deck thru the head phone jack with a cable to RCA jacks plugged into the left and right channels on the USB card. I have verified the cable is putting out a signal by connecting it to a serperate stereo input RCA connections, and it plays the music.

I get no sound when recording or when I play back the audio file created.

What am I missing? Can someone help?

My next move is to buy another cable and come in thru the 'line-in/mic' jack on my computer, but I expected the Roxio USB card would work since I have used it to successfully capture video w/ the audio track.

Thanks, Jeff

2 answers to this question

I'd also like to know how to do this. Calvin

[trimmed to remove multiple post :)]

Calvin, are you using your cassette player's line out jacks or headphone jacks? If you are not doing exactly what the OP is doing, start your own thread with a full description of what you are doing and what errors you are getting.

So far it seems to work for some but not for all. There may be a driver or codec issue that may be at fault. Roxio knows about it.

Capture via sound card for best results.

Has anyone successfully captured cassette tape audio thru the Roxio Video Capture USB Card?

I'm using 'Convert Your LPs.....'. The USB card shows under 'Capture From'. My 'Line In' is NOT muted. I am using Roxio Creator 2009, SP2 running on Win XP. I am capturing from a tape deck thru the head phone jack with a cable to RCA jacks plugged into the left and right channels on the USB card. I have verified the cable is putting out a signal by connecting it to a serperate stereo input RCA connections, and it plays the music.

I get no sound when recording or when I play back the audio file created.

What am I missing? Can someone help?

My next move is to buy another cable and come in thru the 'line-in/mic' jack on my computer, but I expected the Roxio USB card would work since I have used it to successfully capture video w/ the audio track.

Thanks, Jeff

Can you get audio if you use the cassette players "line out" jacks ?

Archived