• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier- Insert disc

malatekid

Question

I burned an ISO image to a DVD disc. After closing the application's window, removed the disc and closed the burner, I noticed that that the icon in the Windows Explorer for the burner that I used didn't go back to its original state. Normally, you would see the word "DWD-RW Drive (G:)" associated with the burner. But after doing the burning, it became "CD Drive (G:)".

When I tried to do another Copy, I was getting the error message even though I tried inserting two different brands of blank DVDs in the burner (TDK/Verbatim). My suspicion is that the apps does not recognize the burner as a DVD burner but instead as a CD burner. Anyone who experienced this or got this error before?

pix-0012.jpg

5 answers to this question

Reboot in between burns.

The suggestion doesn't work at all.

Basically, the ISO was created from a project in EMC75. It has a menu included and the file size is 7.62 gb.

I tried EMC8 Disc Copier hoping that problems such as jumping/skipping when using EMC75 Disc Copier for video that is more than an hour long (but less than 120 minutes) goes away. The problem is that when using EMC8 I keep getting that error in the first post I made so I could not even tell if using EMC8 will solve the jumping/skipping.

Any other idea?

Reboot in between burns.

Another user found a solution to this by simply opening the Disc and Device utility (EMC 8 -> Tools -> Disc and Device utility) and querying the drive or disc. That seemed to restore how EMC saw the drive and he could continue on without rebooting. It's much quicker too.

Hope that helps!

Another user found a solution to this by simply opening the Disc and Device utility (EMC 8 -> Tools -> Disc and Device utility) and querying the drive or disc. That seemed to restore how EMC saw the drive and he could continue on without rebooting. It's much quicker too.

Hope that helps!

I'll give that a try and post back result.

Thanks.

I burned an ISO image to a DVD disc. After closing the application's window, removed the disc and closed the burner, I noticed that that the icon in the Windows Explorer for the burner that I used didn't go back to its original state. Normally, you would see the word "DWD-RW Drive (G:)" associated with the burner. But after doing the burning, it became "CD Drive (G:)".

When I tried to do another Copy, I was getting the error message even though I tried inserting two different brands of blank DVDs in the burner (TDK/Verbatim). My suspicion is that the apps does not recognize the burner as a DVD burner but instead as a CD burner. Anyone who experienced this or got this error before?

pix-0012.jpg

Reboot in between burns.

Archived