• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Options Not Working On Burned Dvd

sanjarver

Question

7 answers to this question

Not sure what your problem might be but my chapter buttons work (on a DVD player) using the menu up, down--right and left arrows, depending on how many chapter buttons there are. And not sure what DVD players you are experiencing the problems on (what makes) ? I'm not sure but there may be some DVD players that the function will not work on.

Frank...

sony and panasonic are the two dvd player brands. One panasonic is built into the tv. The other panasonic

is a stand alone. Both my sister and father have the exact same sony brand as I do, so I'm hoping that's not the problem. The sony is a stand alone and also records dvds itself. There are 37 chapters of about 30-120 seconds each. Also, I've turned off the motion on droplet style...it would make my dad nuts.

Each chapter is a different sign from American Sign Language...my dad is going deaf and is frustrated

by the different products that teach this. I'm attempting to give him what he wants which is the

ability to go to any sign immediately and see how it is made. I am talking chapters. There is only one movie on the CD with 37 chapters, each demonstrating a sign he believes will be useful to him. I used the

droplet menu because of its additional layer of grouping which allows the user to select the page for chapters 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc., so I'm assuming it's meant for uses where there are a large number of chapters. Am I wrong? Also, I can't even get to that page because the buttons on the title page don't work. Clicking on

the title does nothing.

Thank you for clarifying what you are trying to do, I now understand why you would have 37 chapters. The menu should function as you stated.

How are you creating your chapter points? Could you describe step-by-step what you are doing.

I can see a few problems with the main one being that after playing a chapter control does not return to the menu but plays the next chapter. This is of course the same on all DVD that have chapter (or scene selection).

Instead of trying to create the "complete" project in one go, I would suggest that you first create a project with a couple of menu pages to test that it is what you want. I created a test project using 37 photos and each photo became a chapter. I found that I had to turn off the "motion" for each menu page instead of the "turn off" applying to the whole project.

sony and panasonic are the two dvd player brands. One panasonic is built into the tv. The other panasonic

is a stand alone. Both my sister and father have the exact same sony brand as I do, so I'm hoping that's not the problem. The sony is a stand alone and also records dvds itself. There are 37 chapters of about 30-120 seconds each. Also, I've turned off the motion on droplet style...it would make my dad nuts.

Why would you have 37 chapter? Having to navigate that menu would drive anybody nuts :blink:

Have you tried a test DVD with not so many chapters?

BTW, are you talking about chapters or Titles? Titles are the menu selection you have on the main menu pages and represent individual movies. Chapters are created when you sub-divide a title into scenes.

Why would you have 37 chapter? Having to navigate that menu would drive anybody nuts :blink:

Have you tried a test DVD with not so many chapters?

BTW, are you talking about chapters or Titles? Titles are the menu selection you have on the main menu pages and represent individual movies. Chapters are created when you sub-divide a title into scenes.

Each chapter is a different sign from American Sign Language...my dad is going deaf and is frustrated

by the different products that teach this. I'm attempting to give him what he wants which is the

ability to go to any sign immediately and see how it is made. I am talking chapters. There is only one movie on the CD with 37 chapters, each demonstrating a sign he believes will be useful to him. I used the

droplet menu because of its additional layer of grouping which allows the user to select the page for chapters 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc., so I'm assuming it's meant for uses where there are a large number of chapters. Am I wrong? Also, I can't even get to that page because the buttons on the title page don't work. Clicking on

the title does nothing.

Not sure what your problem might be but my chapter buttons work (on a DVD player) using the menu up, down--right and left arrows, depending on how many chapter buttons there are. And not sure what DVD players you are experiencing the problems on (what makes) ? I'm not sure but there may be some DVD players that the function will not work on.

Frank...

Archived