• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Forced Reboot

Chetowa

Question

Ok, I can't recall the last program I owned that caused me this many problems. First it has problems converting files. Then it has problems burning DVD's. Both of which are most likely still problematic, except I can't even get that far, now.

When I had the other problems. I was pointed toward the instructions for a clean installation procedures. I thought, "Ok, a bit of effort here, and everything should run fine, then."

Well, I was wrong.

I followed the instructions perfectly. Before I made any actions, I triple-checked everything the instructions said, and what I was doing. No mistakes were made on my part.

So, all is finished, and what do I get for my troubles? Anytime I load absolutely any feature of Roxio Creator 2009, it opens the program window, shows the hourglass to show it's working for a few seconds, then the window closes, along with every other window/program I have open, some error shows up, and bam! Instant restart. Now, I'm a patient person. I've tried un-installing it 3 times, and re-installing, and even followed the clean install instructions 2 more times for good measure. And it still hasn't solved the problem! Now, I had a problem or two before I followed the clean install the first time, but nothing like this! At least it worked before, for the most part.

3 answers to this question

And as an addition, the Clean Install has caused my computer other issues, as well. It had me disable all the start-up items, so there'd be nothing on the taskbar. No icons, or anything. Then, afterward, I could turn them back on. Now, when I boot up my computer, a small window pops up, something about gathering information to update Windows "Status", shows a progress bar that fills in about a second, the window vanishes, only to be replaced by another one doing the same thing. It repeats thing for about 5 minutes.

Ok, I can't recall the last program I owned that caused me this many problems. First it has problems converting files. Then it has problems burning DVD's. Both of which are most likely still problematic, except I can't even get that far, now.

When I had the other problems. I was pointed toward the instructions for a clean installation procedures. I thought, "Ok, a bit of effort here, and everything should run fine, then."

Well, I was wrong.

I followed the instructions perfectly. Before I made any actions, I triple-checked everything the instructions said, and what I was doing. No mistakes were made on my part.

So, all is finished, and what do I get for my troubles? Anytime I load absolutely any feature of Roxio Creator 2009, it opens the program window, shows the hourglass to show it's working for a few seconds, then the window closes, along with every other window/program I have open, some error shows up, and bam! Instant restart. Now, I'm a patient person. I've tried un-installing it 3 times, and re-installing, and even followed the clean install instructions 2 more times for good measure. And it still hasn't solved the problem! Now, I had a problem or two before I followed the clean install the first time, but nothing like this! At least it worked before, for the most part.

Post your system specs, similar to how I have mine, in my signature.

I'll list everything I know, but the computer is relatively new, and I haven't looked at things like the motherboard type yet.

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU 2.20 GHz

8 GB DDR2 of RAM

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S ATA Device

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

ATI HDMI Audio, AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC

ST3750630AS ATA Device (That's all the Device Manager gives me. It's a single Hard Drive with 750 GB's)

Creator 2009

Windows Vista Home Premium, x64-bit Operating System

Archived