Video Copy & Convert Won't Recognize Dvd+r Dl

Swede Hollow

Question

I can't get Video Copy & Convert to recognize DVD+R double-layer media. I updated the burner's firmware, Roxio and the "PX" engine. I've tried Verbatim and Memorex brands and both had the same problem. The "Disc Size" drop-down box defaults to standard DVD+R and when I manually select DVD+R Double Layer and select "Copy Now" the error message "Insert Disc Please insert a blank disc in this drive. (Possible disc types are: DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R Double Layer)". The disc is then ejected.

Roxio's Burn Data Disc recognizes the disc as double-layer (described by the program as "DVD+R DL, Blank Media") but Video Copy & Convert won't recognize the disc as double layer. The limited Nero8 Essentials (which I uninstalled when I bought Roxio) that came with the drive was able to burn DVD+R DL successfully. Does anyone have any suggestions I could try? Did I miss a step or configuration?

internal DVD burner: ASUS DRW-2014S1

Roxio Creator 2009 (Build 111B10E ENU)

3 answers to this question

Update: I upgraded to Roxio's Service Pack 3 but I still can't burn DVD+R DL DVD Video discs. I re-installed Nero8 Essentials and it successfully burned dual layer discs, but Roxio still won't.

Try it, without changing the drop down box to DL. I burned a DL disc, without changing the default +R setting, and it burned my long project, just fine. It was a 1 hour, 45 minute project, +/-.

Try it, without changing the drop down box to DL. I burned a DL disc, without changing the default +R setting, and it burned my long project, just fine. It was a 1 hour, 45 minute project, +/-.

I tried that but Roxio just compressed the video to single layer size (which looks fine but it isn't full-quality and it was a waste of an expensive dual-layer disc).