What File Format And Their Description

jchanmc

Question

I am trying out using Roxio 2009 to convert a DVD to a file format so that I can store in the PC. There are many file format offered in Roxio 2009 Video copy and convert. What are the difference of these file type and how what quality difference will it make on the output file? Is there anywhere in this forum that explain the various output file formats pros and cons?

regards,

1 answer to this question

I am trying out using Roxio 2009 to convert a DVD to a file format so that I can store in the PC. There are many file format offered in Roxio 2009 Video copy and convert. What are the difference of these file type and how what quality difference will it make on the output file? Is there anywhere in this forum that explain the various output file formats pros and cons?

regards,

There is no such information in this forum. Your best bet is to do a google search for the different file format. This site has lots of video related informationas.

Which format you select depends mostly on what you want to do with the transfered video. Generally you want to keep the best format which in the case of the video from a DVD means that there is no conversion at all required.

Archived