• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Crashes

mohmoh

Question

:angry2: I have the same problem all I want to do is make slide show from my photos but it crashes after about 4 pics I thought roxio was the best ! :angry:

Since 1 January, 2009, 78 Errors/Crashes/Hangs Forum messages have been posted. Those 78 posts have been viewed a total of 15,321 times. Some of those posts have been viewed over 1,000 times! That's a whole lot of people looking for help...

At some point, one has to seriously wonder whether this software has some serious bugs and whether Roxio is seriously doing anything about it ...

Now, before the "Gurus" jump in, yes, I have done clean installs and scrubbed my registry and yes, I have installed all of the Win updates and yes, I have tried going back to earlier versions and no, I don't have trouble burning with other programs, etc., etc, etc.

7 answers to this question

I have a Dell 4600 (1024 ) nvidia ge force FX 5200 I have tried Nero / TV photo / a couple of others cant remember what they were but decided on roxio not sure if it was the right move

I have tried create dvd crashes after 8 pics / create slide show crashed after i pic when I tried to put caption in is roxio really rubbish or am I unlucky :glare:

Try VideoWave, which is Edit Video-Advanced.

mohmoh - none of us have a clue what the original problem was here ;)

Please start a new thread and say what your system specs are (CPU, RAM, Graphics) and what error messages come up and someone will be able to take it from there

mohmoh - none of us have a clue what the original problem was here ;)

Please start a new thread and say what your system specs are (CPU, RAM, Graphics) and what error messages come up and someone will be able to take it from there

I have windows XP I have tried other creator programms and didnt have any problems. It crashes at any time some times it lets me put a lot of pictures in then crashes if I try to add captions and I find creator very slow I wondered if I should unistall again and install with firewall disabled :glare:

Tried that have uninstalled again now it will not install asks to install creator 10 first I feel like throwing it

Read this first.

Are you folloing the complete Uninstall process, line by line and not skipping any steps?

Here is the information for XP; scroll down for Vista

Reinstall your video card drivers. They are old but the ones you have may be corrupted.

When you can open the program, open MyDVD, go to the top menu and select tools/options and put a check mark near software. If you have it near hard ware, with your card, the program will always crash.

I have windows XP I have tried other creator programms and didnt have any problems. It crashes at any time some times it lets me put a lot of pictures in then crashes if I try to add captions and I find creator very slow I wondered if I should unistall again and install with firewall disabled :glare:

What "other" programs have you used that work (be specific).

Re read post #2 and answer the questions you were asked.

Also what application are you using in Creator 2009, there are over 30 of them in the suite.

What "other" programs have you used that work (be specific).

Re read post #2 and answer the questions you were asked.

Also what application are you using in Creator 2009, there are over 30 of them in the suite.

I have a Dell 4600 (1024 ) nvidia ge force FX 5200 I have tried Nero / TV photo / a couple of others cant remember what they were but decided on roxio not sure if it was the right move

I have tried create dvd crashes after 8 pics / create slide show crashed after i pic when I tried to put caption in is roxio really rubbish or am I unlucky :glare:

Archived