• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incompatible software during installatin

rwcasti

Question

I tried installing ECM8 and during the installation process the software stated it detected incompatible software IBM DLA and asked to uninstall IBM DLA...what do I do? Will uninstalling IBM DLA affect my laptop?

I am new to the window world so please advise...I run window xp pro on an IBM Thinkpad T43p.

2 answers to this question

I tried installing ECM8 and during the installation process the software stated it detected incompatible software IBM DLA and asked to uninstall IBM DLA...what do I do? Will uninstalling IBM DLA affect my laptop?

I am new to the window world so please advise...I run window xp pro on an IBM Thinkpad T43p.

DLA is a packet writing application that lets you 'drag and drop' files to your cd drive. When you install EMC, it includes Drag to Disc and only 1 application like this can be installed on a system at a time. If you don't want to remove DLA, simply select Custom Install and tell it not to install Drag to Disc. Otherwise, the installation knows both can't exist and wants to remove the version on your system.

DLA is a packet writing application that lets you 'drag and drop' files to your cd drive. When you install EMC, it includes Drag to Disc and only 1 application like this can be installed on a system at a time. If you don't want to remove DLA, simply select Custom Install and tell it not to install Drag to Disc. Otherwise, the installation knows both can't exist and wants to remove the version on your system.

Thank you so much for your timely and informative reply...it is really appreciated

Archived