• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project Size Change

buckrogm

Question

I have 4 titles on a DVD, that take up most of the space on it. I import and convert these to wmv files, and the 4 files equal about 4.7 GB as expected. When I import these 4 files into a project, they now take up about 7 GB on the disk, about a 50% increase, and I can't burn them onto another DVD. I wanted to do some minor video edits which would reduce the sizes of the files, but they still don't fit. What causes these files to grow in size from the original to new project?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I have 4 titles on a DVD, that take up most of the space on it. I import and convert these to wmv files, and the 4 files equal about 4.7 GB as expected. When I import these 4 files into a project, they now take up about 7 GB on the disk, about a 50% increase, and I can't burn them onto another DVD. I wanted to do some minor video edits which would reduce the sizes of the files, but they still don't fit. What causes these files to grow in size from the original to new project?

Thanks

Are theose 4 Titles on a standard video DVD, that is, are they in the Video_TS folder on the DVD as vob files? If not then you do not have a video DVD and in what format are the video titles?

File sizes mean nothing when it comes to video DVDs. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any more and the video has to be more compressed to fit and you lose quality. The fact that you get 4.7GB after conversion is just coincidence. Why are you converting to wmv?

Are theose 4 Titles on a standard video DVD, that is, are they in the Video_TS folder on the DVD as vob files? If not then you do not have a video DVD and in what format are the video titles?

File sizes mean nothing when it comes to video DVDs. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any more and the video has to be more compressed to fit and you lose quality. The fact that you get 4.7GB after conversion is just coincidence. Why are you converting to wmv?

It's a dvd+rw that I recorded tv programs on.

I want to edit the titles to remove ads and split things up. When it imports the titles it converts them to wmv files. I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks

It's a dvd+rw that I recorded tv programs on.

I want to edit the titles to remove ads and split things up. When it imports the titles it converts them to wmv files. I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks

Why are you converting them to wmv files? What is stopping you from editing the wmv files? I can edit wmv files without any problem.

File size is unimportant, its timelength that matters. 1 4.7GB DVD holds 60 minutes of video at best quality. If you reduce quality you can put on up to 2 hours.