• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Burning Medium Error

sunnybono

Question

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop in which I recently bought and installed Roxio 10 Easy Media Creator. I purchased a pack of Sony CD-R's from Staples that didn't work. Every time the burn process would start, it would state writing content (<10%), then stop with a Medium Error note. So I thought maybe something wrong with Cd-R's. I replaced them with STaples home brand and still same problem. But one thing I don't understand is that when I use and old batch of Staples brand of CD-R's, I have no issues.

I'm not too tech savvy but this is driving me to drink. I never had a single problem with my Roxio EMC 7.5 on my Fujitsu Laptop.

4 answers to this question

But one thing I don't understand is that when I use and old batch of Staples brand of CD-R's, I have no issues.

Will the next gallon of milk you buy come from the same batch as the last gallon a week ago?

Staples don't make media, they farm it out to the lowest bidder.

From now on buy Verbatim and don't use RW media....

cd

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop in which I recently bought and installed Roxio 10 Easy Media Creator. I purchased a pack of Sony CD-R's from Staples that didn't work. Every time the burn process would start, it would state writing content (<10%), then stop with a Medium Error note. So I thought maybe something wrong with Cd-R's. I replaced them with STaples home brand and still same problem. But one thing I don't understand is that when I use and old batch of Staples brand of CD-R's, I have no issues.

I'm not too tech savvy but this is driving me to drink. I never had a single problem with my Roxio EMC 7.5 on my Fujitsu Laptop.

It shouldn't make a difference with CD discs, but upgrade your burner to the latest firmware available.

Archived