How To Edit Avchd Files With Toast 10

George K.

Question

3 answers to this question

Platinum? I thought the versions were Titanium (standard and pro).

I know that there is some information in the manual. Have you looked/read there? There is information about how to select sections of a AVCHD file.

Is it just AVCHD files that you don't know how to work with? Are you having problems or are you just starting in your video editing "career" and need to know what you can do?

Where did you get the AVCHD files? Did you use Toast 10 to capture them from a camera? Do you have any other video editing program on your computer?

Sorry for the misspelling the correct version is Toast 10 Titanium.

I get my AVCHD files from my Sony camera and up to now I am using imovie 08 but it does not support direct edit. I am looking for a way to edit AVCHD directly without conversion.

I tried your suggestion with the toast but it is very basic and difficult.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

GK

Sorry for the misspelling the correct version is Toast 10 Titanium.

I get my AVCHD files from my Sony camera and up to now I am using imovie 08 but it does not support direct edit. I am looking for a way to edit AVCHD directly without conversion.

I tried your suggestion with the toast but it is very basic and difficult.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

GK

I can understand the comment about Toast's editor being basic (it is just for marking portions you want to remove from the final product) but it seems simple to me. Move the scroll bar to the place where you want an edit to be made. Click the triangle at the bottom of the window to place an edit marker. Drag the right-half (or left half) of the edit marker to the place you want the edit to end. Now scroll to a new edit point and repeat. When you are done marking your edits click Save (which merely saves the markers; it doesn't save a new file). Now Toast will exclude those marked points in the project you're having Toast create.

What kind of editing were you hoping to do?

Can someone provide some help on how to edit AVCHD files with Toast 10 Platinum?

Platinum? I thought the versions were Titanium (standard and pro).

I know that there is some information in the manual. Have you looked/read there? There is information about how to select sections of a AVCHD file.

Is it just AVCHD files that you don't know how to work with? Are you having problems or are you just starting in your video editing "career" and need to know what you can do?

Where did you get the AVCHD files? Did you use Toast 10 to capture them from a camera? Do you have any other video editing program on your computer?

post-58-1232890934.jpg

Archived