• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Certificate Not Found

sblmc

Question

When attempting to install Creator 2009 on my Windows XP SP3 system, I receive two certificate errors. The first is "CDKeyAction - Certificate Not Found" while SmartSound files are installing. After clicking "ok" in the error dialog box, the installation appears to continue, then a bit later, while installing Creator 2009 files, the second error appears. This one is "Roxio Creator 2009 InstallShield Wizard - Unable to find a certificate file". When I click "ok" in the dialog box, the installation stops, and the installation program rolls back the pending application. I have gone through the "Clean Install Instructions for Creator 2009 on Windows XP" exactly as written, and other related fixes from your support website, as well as searched the online discussion threads for a solution to this problem, but to no avail. The installation still fails, giving the same error messages.

Please provide me with instructions on how to resolve this error and install this application.

7 answers to this question

SBLMC never came back. Try the steps in Post #2 of this thread.

Kudos to you, grandpabruce. #2 WORKED!!! Although, I did have to run Creator2009SP3 to stop shutdown errors, I guess because I my operating system is XP PRO SP3. I am very happy. I'll let Roxio Technical Support know the answer, even though no one seems to know the cause.

certificate file missing or corrupted please reinstall.

This may not be a support forum.

My amazement.......Roxio support gives their answer. It does not work..Three day spent trying to resolve this. Why no patch or download to fix this....from Roxio?

I have purchased about twenty Roxio products....going back to one of the very best..."GoBack". after selling that to Norton....there is no program that even comes close.

I think..the download product....takes too long....and to install, uninstall....and repeat many times...makes me have second thoughts about also buying the CD. Paying for repeated downloads...is of little cost. The CD will be included in my next purchase.

If Roxio had real support to correct this....it would help. Otherwise...roxio should send a CD to those of us who have problems...with a clean uninstall as part of the program. Install should give us the answer to the certificate mess...and correct as it completes the first install.

Value Added....brings customers back. Unsolved problems...without having to spend days...and no fix..... Why? We are between a

Roxio and a hard place. Can support not know how?

Kudos to you, grandpabruce. #2 WORKED!!! Although, I did have to run Creator2009SP3 to stop shutdown errors, I guess because I my operating system is XP PRO SP3. I am very happy. I'll let Roxio Technical Support know the answer, even though no one seems to know the cause.

I am glad that it worked for you, and you are now up and running.

certificate file missing or corrupted please reinstall.

This may not be a support forum.

It's not - it's a user forum manned by non-Roxio people

My amazement.......Roxio support gives their answer. It does not work..Three day spent trying to resolve this. Why no patch or download to fix this....from Roxio?

How can you issue a 'patch' for a problem that only affects some people on installing? A patch is to fix a program that is already installed

I have purchased about twenty Roxio products....going back to one of the very best..."GoBack". after selling that to Norton....there is no program that even comes close.

From Wikipedia:

* Several users have reported data loss after installing this product. It has a rating of only one star out of five on Cnet Reviews

* GoBack is not yet officially supported by Windows Vista.

I think..the download product....takes too long....and to install, uninstall....and repeat many times...makes me have second thoughts about also buying the CD. Paying for repeated downloads...is of little cost. The CD will be included in my next purchase.

If you are trying to download on dial-up or a slow cable, of course it will take too long and you will have problems. That's why there is an offer of a CD being snail-mailed for what is basically shipping charges

If Roxio had real support to correct this....it would help. Otherwise...roxio should send a CD to those of us who have problems...with a clean uninstall as part of the program. Install should give us the answer to the certificate mess...and correct as it completes the first install.

See above

Value Added....brings customers back. Unsolved problems...without having to spend days...and no fix..... Why? We are between a

Roxio and a hard place. Can support not know how?

A lot of things can cause problems on installation of any software - missing dll files (common and caused by a MS 'update'). There is a fix - you follow the clean install instructions EXACTLY (nothing added and nothing skipped).

Any other problems, post on a fresh thread (so that no-one gets confused as to who is being answered) and give details - OS, computer specs and error messages

When attempting to install Creator 2009 on my Windows XP SP3 system, I receive two certificate errors. The first is "CDKeyAction - Certificate Not Found" while SmartSound files are installing. After clicking "ok" in the error dialog box, the installation appears to continue, then a bit later, while installing Creator 2009 files, the second error appears. This one is "Roxio Creator 2009 InstallShield Wizard - Unable to find a certificate file". When I click "ok" in the dialog box, the installation stops, and the installation program rolls back the pending application. I have gone through the "Clean Install Instructions for Creator 2009 on Windows XP" exactly as written, and other related fixes from your support website, as well as searched the online discussion threads for a solution to this problem, but to no avail. The installation still fails, giving the same error messages.

Please provide me with instructions on how to resolve this error and install this application.

This isn't Roxio Tech Support, so it isn't our site. We are users, just like you.

If you have the disc(s), copy them to a temp folder on you hard drive, and install from the folder on your hard drive.

If you have the downloaded version, right click on the .exe files, and extract the files to a folder. You will need a program like WinZip or WinRAR to do this.

Before you try to install, disable your anit-virus software, Defender, and any other unecessary running processes.

Archived