• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 9 Has Stopped Working

MistyRoses

Question

I'm using Vista and Roxio Creator Premier 9.1 and no matter what I click on I get an error telling me that videowave 9 has stopped working then the program shuts down.

I uninstalled and reinstalled using step by step instructions on the Roxio site and I have the same problem. I downloaded the SP2, still have the same problem. Both times all programs were shutdown including my firewall and antivirus and the second time, I was offline. So, I uninstalled the third time. After following all the steps in the reinstallion, I did a search for anything related to Roxio or Sonic, deleted them then reinstalled the program. Still didn't work. I have the same problem. I can burn CD's but anything else I receive the videowave 9 has stopped working.

Please help. I contacted Roxio 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received an answer. I won't pay them for help on a program that was ordered on my 4 months old pc. I now wish I had used the program the first week I received my pc.

Thanking you in advance.

7 answers to this question

I'm using Vista and Roxio Creator Premier 9.1 and no matter what I click on I get an error telling me that videowave 9 has stopped working then the program shuts down.

I uninstalled and reinstalled using step by step instructions on the Roxio site and I have the same problem. I downloaded the SP2, still have the same problem. Both times all programs were shutdown including my firewall and antivirus and the second time, I was offline. So, I uninstalled the third time. After following all the steps in the reinstallion, I did a search for anything related to Roxio or Sonic, deleted them then reinstalled the program. Still didn't work. I have the same problem. I can burn CD's but anything else I receive the videowave 9 has stopped working.

Please help. I contacted Roxio 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received an answer. I won't pay them for help on a program that was ordered on my 4 months old pc. I now wish I had used the program the first week I received my pc.

Thanking you in advance.

The SP2 update, for Creator 2009 won't help you, because you don't have Creator 2009.

In the following link, scroll down to the Vista link, and do the clean install, in accordance with those instructions. You may have used the XP clean install instructions, which aren't exactly the same as the Vista instructions.

Before you uninstall the existing program, go to msconfig, and uncheck any Roxio items that you see under the Startup tab, then reboot, and follow the clean install instructions.

I followed the instructions for Vista and going to msconfig is listed as one of the steps. Any other instructions? Thanks for your reply.

Actually, the sequence, of those instructions, is in error. The msconfig step should be Step 1, before you do anything else. Try it that way, and see if it makes a difference.

If not, then there are no other instructions, except check you computer for malware/spyware, and defrag your hard drive.

Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled using msconfig as the first step. I still have the same problem. As far as defragging, I do a manual defrag weekly even though a defrag is scheduled, I have 2 spyware programs, keep the updated and run them twice a week. My firewall and antivirus is up-to-date. So guess I bought a junk program and now stuck with it.

I have more programs than I can count and this is the only one that has a manufacturer that doesn't provide support almost immediately. Their live chat is now gone. I used it before when I had a problem on the XP pc. Guess I need to find another program.

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled using msconfig as the first step. I still have the same problem. As far as defragging, I do a manual defrag weekly even though a defrag is scheduled, I have 2 spyware programs, keep the updated and run them twice a week. My firewall and antivirus is up-to-date. So guess I bought a junk program and now stuck with it.

I have more programs than I can count and this is the only one that has a manufacturer that doesn't provide support almost immediately. Their live chat is now gone. I used it before when I had a problem on the XP pc. Guess I need to find another program.

Thank you.

You're welcome, and I am sorry the software didn't work for you.

You're welcome, and I am sorry the software didn't work for you.

I ended up having to do a complete clean reformat. My pc is still under warranty and I ended up with a disc error so Dell said a reformat was my only alternative! This was caused by installing and reinstalling Roxio 4 times trying to get it to work. When I reformatted, I made a new user account entitled Roxio and installed the software under that user account. That's the only place I installed this program. Well now I have been able to use everything Roxio offers but now have encountered a problem transferring VHS to DVD. The process was simple and on my preview, the movie and background music is perfect. When I burn, I only have audio and no video. If I click on the DVD where it was saved on the desktop, I have the same problem. What in the world have I done and what do I need to do to correct this problem? Thank you for your previous help.

I ended up having to do a complete clean reformat. My pc is still under warranty and I ended up with a disc error so Dell said a reformat was my only alternative! This was caused by installing and reinstalling Roxio 4 times trying to get it to work. When I reformatted, I made a new user account entitled Roxio and installed the software under that user account. That's the only place I installed this program. Well now I have been able to use everything Roxio offers but now have encountered a problem transferring VHS to DVD. The process was simple and on my preview, the movie and background music is perfect. When I burn, I only have audio and no video. If I click on the DVD where it was saved on the desktop, I have the same problem. What in the world have I done and what do I need to do to correct this problem? Thank you for your previous help.

1) Please tell us about your PC.

2) Tell us how you are trying to burn the project. Are you using the ISO method?

3) What kind of file are you working with?

4) Did you buy the Roxio program or did it come on the computer? If so, it is an OEM version and the computer manufacturer should be able to give you more help because it was customized for their use.