• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hangs In Edit Chapter

bltassoc

Question

In MyDVD I bring in a movie and am attempting to edit (i.e. add) some chapter marks. The play buttons all work fine, but the minute I attempt to use the slide to navigate the movie, it hangs. I checked the task list and Video Wave is eating up CPU like there's no tomorrow. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any work arounds? I googled video wave 11 and several articles mentioned trouble in Roxio dating back to November. I can't believe it's taken them this long and still no fixes.

2 answers to this question

In MyDVD I bring in a movie and am attempting to edit (i.e. add) some chapter marks. The play buttons all work fine, but the minute I attempt to use the slide to navigate the movie, it hangs. I checked the task list and Video Wave is eating up CPU like there's no tomorrow. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any work arounds? I googled video wave 11 and several articles mentioned trouble in Roxio dating back to November. I can't believe it's taken them this long and still no fixes.

It doesn't help you, but I have no problems at all, running the software. What video card/chip do you have? Have you updated the card/chip to the latest drivers?

None of the things you talk about require fixes.

Video work pretty well takes over the CPU, that is normal. You should not be running any other applications while editing. Also how long is the movie you are trying to edit? In what format is the movie? Are you navigating by dragging the timeline cursor? A much faster way is to simply move the mouse cursor to a location on the timeline and click. The timeline cursor will jump to that location.