• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture On An Ati Avstream Analog Capture Card-ms Media Center

ray12

Question

Hello. I just acquired this Gateway GT5032 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.2GHZ that has Windows Media Center 2005 updated to SP3. When I used Roxio 10 to capture video from a home Video using a VCR, it would not capture the video. I am able to view the video in Roxio 10 video capture but when I open the capture file, it only has audio. I don't know if the Media Center will not allow this. Trying to capture Video from a VCR in Windows Media Center is not so easy ether. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you

1 answer to this question

Actually, I got confused because Windows Media Player 10 was not playing the video of the mpeg-2 files being created. I noticed this when Nero's Showtime was playing the file perfectly. Oddly, nothing in Roxio 10 played the mpeg-2 file, except Video Wave. I don't recall this being an issue with Roxio 9. I just recently got Roxio 10. These same files plays on Windows Media Player 10 on my other computer that just has Windows XP pro and Roxio 9 just fine. I wonder if it has something to with Windows Media Center 2005? Because it won't play those mpeg-2 files ether.

Archived