Sign in to follow this  
RevSquirrel

Video/audio Not In Sync

Question

I have PhotoShow 5. I have made a large number of shows... so I'm not a newbie. Although the majority of my Shows, are without video I do have a few shows with video clips. On most those the sound was not all that important so I not familiar with any video "challenges".

I am now trying to do a Show where there are a few clips, that the sound is imperative... The clips are avi. format, tho I have tried mov. as well.

The clip plays fine for me on my desktop. It plays fine for me when I am in the "edit" mode and editting the length of portion of the video I want to play in the show. But prior to edit, or once the edit is completed and I say hit "ok" and do the play back either individually or while watching the entire show... the audio and the video aren't in sync!! It's like the video has a few second delay and is in slight.. verrry slight slow motion.

HELP... I've done the preference suggestion, I've removed the clips and re done them...and tired a few other on-line tips... but nothing has worked. I've sent a request to the Tech Support, got a ticket number back but a week later still haven't heard anything! (Customer Service is HORRIBLE !)

I DO have the new Roxio... I bought it thinking it would do better... I like a few of the new features, and can live with the few I don't like that they changes....but I don't like and can't bring myself to use it because the new PhotoShow you can only have 1 (can you imagine that, ONE !!) song for the entire Show. Better love that song if ya gotta hear it for 20 minutes over and over and over again!

PLEASE HELP.... this is a SHow for a Grandpa's who lives out of the country... this is his 1st Grandchild, and the Show is of the Grandbaby's first year... Grandpa is ill with cancer and can't travel here to see him!!

AHHHH......

1 answer to this question

I have PhotoShow 5. I have made a large number of shows... so I'm not a newbie. Although the majority of my Shows, are without video I do have a few shows with video clips. On most those the sound was not all that important so I not familiar with any video "challenges".

I am now trying to do a Show where there are a few clips, that the sound is imperative... The clips are avi. format, tho I have tried mov. as well.

The clip plays fine for me on my desktop. It plays fine for me when I am in the "edit" mode and editting the length of portion of the video I want to play in the show. But prior to edit, or once the edit is completed and I say hit "ok" and do the play back either individually or while watching the entire show... the audio and the video aren't in sync!! It's like the video has a few second delay and is in slight.. verrry slight slow motion.

HELP... I've done the preference suggestion, I've removed the clips and re done them...and tired a few other on-line tips... but nothing has worked. I've sent a request to the Tech Support, got a ticket number back but a week later still haven't heard anything! (Customer Service is HORRIBLE !)

I DO have the new Roxio... I bought it thinking it would do better... I like a few of the new features, and can live with the few I don't like that they changes....but I don't like and can't bring myself to use it because the new PhotoShow you can only have 1 (can you imagine that, ONE !!) song for the entire Show. Better love that song if ya gotta hear it for 20 minutes over and over and over again!

PLEASE HELP.... this is a SHow for a Grandpa's who lives out of the country... this is his 1st Grandchild, and the Show is of the Grandbaby's first year... Grandpa is ill with cancer and can't travel here to see him!!

AHHHH......

Hi, I know this is too late for your Grandpa, but I noticed that the music is out of sync in some posted shows in the Roxio program, and in the Roxio desktop program. It seems to happen when there are video clips, or a lot of music changes, or pictures. Sometimes I have to restart the show several times to get it to playback correctly. I have DSL internet, and think it may be due to my connection speed. I noticed that the mp4 plays correctly. If you are a premium member, order the free mp4, and forward the link email to your grandpa to download the mp4. It will play in the regular player that is included with windows, and the music will be as you originally intended. Good luck. Sorry I didn't see your post in time to help sooner.