• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Double Layered Dvds

Scott O

Question

7 answers to this question

As far as I know there are no gurus that have that particular software and device, and questions are not that easy to give intelligent answers to. Are there any options in the burn phase that would indicate burning to different size DVD discs ??

Frank...

As far as I know there are no gurus that have that particular software and device, and questions are not that easy to give intelligent answers to. Are there any options in the burn phase that would indicate burning to different size DVD discs ?

Frank, am I missing something or am I being unclear in my question? That 'particular' software is Roxio VHS to DVD, which I believe this forum is about. The device is a simple dual layer DVD burner, which have been common for at least 2 years. As far as burn options, they are automatic and the program does sense that a dual layer DVD is in the computer. I continue to experiment, but my original question remains. Will Roxio VHS to DVD burn to dual layer DVDs, ie. will the software allow recordings of over an hour at full quality? This obviously means using a dual layer DVD.

Please don't put your response inside the "quote", they will often be overlooked since the post looks like it has no response and may be deleted.

Frank answered your question - we don't know if VHS2DVD burns to a DL DVD since none of the gurus have this package to work with. You will have to ask Roxio :rolleyes:

Edited by myguggi

Does Easy VHS to DVD allow copies to be made on double layer DVDs? I have tried several times and can't seem to get it to work. I'm not sure the issue is the DVDs or something else.

Yes it will. I saved my project on the hard drive and then burned it to DVD using "fit to disc" which was just a tad under HQ quality. It worked fine. DVD's are not all created equal nor are all DVD's compatible with all players. Make sure you have a DVD brand that you know your DVD player will accept... Try it again, with that brand a see if it works.