Can't Get Movie Maker Film To Play On My Dvd

atkinskj

I have made a small home movie on Windows Movie Maker, saved it then used disc creator classic to burn the movie onto dvd. It will only play on my computer & none of the dvd players in my house. I have wasted about 10 discs so far & tons of hours trying to sort this. Really don't know what to try next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not surprised, you made a common mistake… You thought a DVD Movie were just files on a disc but that is not how it works.

Just as you cannot throw files on a CD and make a working Audio CD. You must Author a DVD Movie.

To Author a DVD Movie you must use DVD Builder and add your WMV file to it. Then let it properly render and burn to disc.

As Lynn suggested, get some good DVD RW media (Verbatim) since it is reusable and use that to learn your way in video.

I understand my mistake - very obvious!

However I have now used DVD builder in Roxio Easy CD&DVD Creator 6 & it still hasn't worked - well not properly! I have got further than ever before by actually being able to produce a dvd however it will not play back properly. It plays but keeps locking up/stopping etc. When i went to build it, it said " the file may not display correctly on your Tv" - why is this & is there anything I can do?

I haven't used V6 in many years…

As I recall that message had more information that explained Why it was issued??? As I recall it usually appeared when the quality of the Source was well below that of a DVD.

The Playing problem is a separate issue. Most likely cause is junk media. Go with quality brand like Verbatim. – no one has ever disputed that statement!

Get some RW's so you can burn a test – play it – and reuse the media. Use R media for your final recordings.

Archived